• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

What the hell are you worried about?

Uninvited.
I'm worried about nothing except wanting to see an upset on the other side of the bracket, and getting ideal television/start time potentially on Friday (and not a shitty noon game when it's 90 degrees outside).

So should I book my flights to Omaha now, or tomorrow?

Oral Roberts to the Supers. Probably under-seeded as a 4 seed, but still pretty impressive to come out of a regional with a 2 seed that a lot of folks picked as an Omaha sleeper (and of course, the host as well).

Oral Roberts to the Supers. Probably under-seeded as a 4 seed, but still pretty impressive to come out of a regional with a 2 seed that a lot of folks picked as an Omaha sleeper (and of course, the host as well).
I'll always root for an underdog (that isn't against us of course)

I've been looking online for the hat the players wear, but cannot find it (two-tone fitted, strutting Deacon on back). Anyone else have luck finding them?

I've been looking online for the hat the players wear, but cannot find it (two-tone fitted, strutting Deacon on back). Anyone else have luck finding them?
No, I have had an eye out for one all year. They would have been smart to be selling them in the game merch shop now during this run. Earlier in the year I did see a similar version for sale at games with a top hat on the back instead but only had like size 8. And there were a few of those online as well at Lids, etc but again limited sizes and now they seem to be gone.

There are some solid black ones (Deacs on back) and camo ones online in the same fitted Nike style. Glad that Deacs don’t don the camo ones for games like State. I am surprised they don’t occasionally wear the all black ones though but don’t recall seeing it this year.

What do we know about Alabama? Biff, you got the scout for this series?
They fired their coach a month ago in a gambling tip scandal and have been on a roll ever since. Really changed the team chemistry.

Pretty sure one of the Bama coaches was at Wake some years back but don't remember the name right off.

Pretty sure one of the Bama coaches was at Wake some years back but don't remember the name right off.
i think that was the one that got fired no.
Brad Bohannon. Wake 2001-2002

Surprised Booby Moranda didn't slobber over him last night

Last edited:
Do any of these games today affect who we may play if we advance to the CWS? How do they determine the pairings for the double elimination part?

Praying the TV commentators are different next weekend. Just unbearable by the Sunday game. I think they ran out of new material to bring up on Friday and just kept recycling the same stuff over and over and over. Did you guys know our last CWS appearance was nearly 70 years ago and that this is our third super regional since the format shifted in 1999? Or that Tommy Hawke is from Oak Island and that’s a beautiful place? On and on and on?

And before someone says it, yes I would prefer to listen to Stan. But I wasn’t able to watch the games live, so was stuck with the broadcast.

Back