• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

He certainly took the challenge of the Skenes matchup and matched his ass pitch for pitch.

And got pulled an inning too early. I didn't follow this thread with the game, but the only reason I can think that you do that is to have him available to start a game in the finals. He only threw 85 pitches and was absolutely filthy tonight.

You come back to say this shit? Just leave.
You also don’t understand baseball. The Sunbelt is better than the Big 10 just FYI.
I understand baseball more than any other US college sport, and yes I do know that the Sun Belt is better than the B10, as are most southern conferences.

But yea, we’ll be dominating some wacky ass conference soon in most sports. If that’s your thing, great. If not, this was our last shot at a big win. Great team, just wish we had a making contact lab and not just a pitching lab.

You are the worst possible type of fan. People do not want to be miserable with you. Go away.

I am in no way miserable. This was exactly the result that was obvious we were going to get. A bunch of people on this board have been fooling themselves all day long about what was going to happen tonight. We were in a slump coming in, and that doesn’t magically turn around against the best pitcher in America. We failed to score a run in 18 consecutive innings, and there was never a time tonight that it felt like we were going to score. The dam was going to break against us eventually.

I appreciate the season as a whole, which was awesome. Lowder is a stud. We’re going to be really good again next year, and ought to have a chance to make it back. But there was no way we were winning this game tonight, and if you couldn’t see that, that’s on you.

I understand baseball more than any other US college sport, and yes I do know that the Sun Belt is better than the B10, as are most southern conferences.

But yea, we’ll be dominating some wacky ass conference soon in most sports. If that’s your thing, great. If not, this was our last shot at a big win. Great team, just wish we had a making contact lab and not just a pitching lab.
The ACC?

This was a national championship caliber team and they fell short of the goal…so there is nothing amazing about the game just disappointment from not achieving their potential.

Our pitchers came to play. What an amazing series from our pitching staff. They did what they needed to do tonight by keeping us tied until Skenes left the game. Outstanding.

On the other hand, our hitters choked. Failing to score and really putting very little pressure on them post Skenes was unacceptable.

Pitchers came to Omaha to win a championship…they just needed a little help
Choked? That’s weak.

I hope the guys stay off Twitter. Cam & company are getting roasted by LSU fans.

Coastal just won a national championship out of the Sunbelt, moron.

Was an incredibly fun ride. Series @ Clemson, dominating Maryland and Alabama, series @ Duke and sweeping Miami. Pounding coastal.

It’s just such a shame for such an incredibly talented team to just smash into a brick wall offensively. Never seen anything like it.

I am in no way miserable. This was exactly the result that was obvious we were going to get. A bunch of people on this board have been fooling themselves all day long about what was going to happen tonight. We were in a slump coming in, and that doesn’t magically turn around against the best pitcher in America. We failed to score a run in 18 consecutive innings, and there was never a time tonight that it felt like we were going to score. The dam was going to break against us eventually.

I appreciate the season as a whole, which was awesome. Lowder is a stud. We’re going to be really good again next year, and ought to have a chance to make it back. But there was no way we were winning this game tonight, and if you couldn’t see that, that’s on you.
“I am in no way miserable, but I knew we were going to lose in heartbreaking fashion and all you silly little sport fans just aren’t smart enough to see all the bad things that are going to happen like I am”

At some point, baseball comes down to “see ball, hit ball”. We failed to put the ball in play and get on base.

Back