• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

I am in no way miserable. This was exactly the result that was obvious we were going to get. A bunch of people on this board have been fooling themselves all day long about what was going to happen tonight. We were in a slump coming in, and that doesn’t magically turn around against the best pitcher in America. We failed to score a run in 18 consecutive innings, and there was never a time tonight that it felt like we were going to score. The dam was going to break against us eventually.

I appreciate the season as a whole, which was awesome. Lowder is a stud. We’re going to be really good again next year, and ought to have a chance to make it back. But there was no way we were winning this game tonight, and if you couldn’t see that, that’s on you.
the game came down to inches. we almost scored on the sac bunt and then hawke hit a ball that would have driven in a run just about every time.

Corona barely missed a HR. We had several other hard hit balls right at defenders.

Now that the dust is settling... can someone tell me how in the fuck Florida sits around waiting for the best two teams in America to play them for the championship? I mean, it was LSU or Wake #1 almost the entire season and those fuckers are snoozing in their hotel room waiting to play either Wake or LSU which are CLEARLY the best two teams in baseball.

Can someone please tell me how that worked out??!?! Thanks in advance!

0.21 runs per inning in Omaha. I’m sure there’s been a worse performance at some point but not many. Absolutely pathetic offense. Truly let down one of the great pitching staffs ever assembled. Can’t say enough bad things about us at the plate this week.

I am in no way miserable. This was exactly the result that was obvious we were going to get. A bunch of people on this board have been fooling themselves all day long about what was going to happen tonight. We were in a slump coming in, and that doesn’t magically turn around against the best pitcher in America. We failed to score a run in 18 consecutive innings, and there was never a time tonight that it felt like we were going to score. The dam was going to break against us eventually.

I appreciate the season as a whole, which was awesome. Lowder is a stud. We’re going to be really good again next year, and ought to have a chance to make it back. But there was no way we were winning this game tonight, and if you couldn’t see that, that’s on you.
You are so wrong. Did you see the play at the plate? The almost HR by Corona? The pitching until the last pitch. We could have scraped this one out.

Now that the dust is settling... can someone tell me how in the fuck Florida sits around waiting for the best two teams in America to play them for the championship? I mean, it was LSU or Wake #1 almost the entire season and those fuckers are snoozing in their hotel room waiting to play either Wake or LSU which are CLEARLY the best two teams in baseball.

Can someone please tell me how that worked out??!?! Thanks in advance!
Like a tournament?

Incredible pitching. Great D. Offense just didn't come through tonight. Just missing by inches.

I understand baseball more than any other US college sport, and yes I do know that the Sun Belt is better than the B10, as are most southern conferences.

But yea, we’ll be dominating some wacky ass conference soon in most sports. If that’s your thing, great. If not, this was our last shot at a big win. Great team, just wish we had a making contact lab and not just a pitching lab.

Head up, Bobi's coming back next year like you told us all along!

0.21 runs per inning in Omaha. I’m sure there’s been a worse performance at some point but not many. Absolutely pathetic offense. Truly let down one of the great pitching staffs ever assembled. Can’t say enough bad things about us at the plate this week.
shut the fuck up.

Five teams in Omaha had worse performances this week. About 250 college teams would have given their collective left nuts to be there in the first place.

Back