• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Hell no, I would have hate to have seen this team lay down in such a big game.

What’s funny is that would have been considered by many to be the most Wake Forest way to lose also.

I hate that this team was clearly so close to one other and the fanbase was so clearly behind them. They and we just deserved more games. It’s how the story was supposed to go.

Hell no, I would have hate to have seen this team lay down in such a big game.
It goes both ways. If you're going to lose, it's easier to take it early. But the fight in these guys was great, and there was hope all the way to the end when that chubby Tubby White hit a routine fly that Omaha suddenly decided was going over the wall.

Deacon Blues…love this team. On another note I never felt like we would score a run unless we hit a HR; felt the same about them and they hit the HR

could you imagine the naysayers if we lost 12-0? they can barely contain their glee as is. That was a great game other than the team that won it

0.21 runs per inning in Omaha. I’m sure there’s been a worse performance at some point but not many. Absolutely pathetic offense. Truly let down one of the great pitching staffs ever assembled. Can’t say enough bad things about us at the plate this week.
Miserable take. Absolutely miserable. They went to extra innings in a national semi final against a pitcher who threw 120 pitches and was still hitting triple digits when he was pulled.

It goes both ways. If you're going to lose, it's easier to take it early. But the fight in these guys was great, and there was hope all the way to the end when that chubby Tubby White hit a routine fly that Omaha suddenly decided was going over the wall.

Didn't seem routine to me. He hammered that.

You are so wrong. Did you see the play at the plate? The almost HR by Corona? The pitching until the last pitch. We could have scraped this one out.

Dude, we didn’t get a single break yesterday either. Everything decently hit was right at somebody then, too. Corona yoked one just foul, and the one ball they hit hard stays fair. Baseball, more than almost any other sport, has stretches where you just can’t catch a break. When that happens, it usually doesn’t turn around in a hurry. Those breaks tend to even out over a season, but when you get on the wrong side of one in postseason play, you’re done. We got zero breaks the last two days. The weight of that negative momentum was something that we simply weren’t going to overcome. I really hate that we caught a stretch like that now, but that’s just baseball.

Announcers must have mentioned the 3 LSU players on the Golden Spikes Award finalist list 4 times and showed their mugs once.....never mentioning we also had 3 on the list....Lowder, Hartle, and Wilken.

Announcers must have mentioned the 3 LSU players on the Golden Spikes Award finalist list and showed their mugs once.....never mentioning we also had 3 on the list....Lowder, Hartle, and Wilken.
They have two finalists. We had semi finalists

Back