• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Adam Cecere and Danny Corona into the transfer portal, per Kendall Rogers.

Cecere doesn't surprise me; he's spent 4 years at Wake and put in time and effort in the rebuild. Might want to go somewhere he's guaranteed to get ABs or might want to play a final season closer to home (from PA, north of Pittsburgh).

Corona surprises me. Could be a number of reasons why he's leaving and all of them would be speculation (which I don't want to do).

I hope not.
Exactly. A college player’s future is worth more than just one single game. That is why you have 15-20 pitchers on a roster.
Skenes has already pitched 125 pitches and come back with 120 on 4 days rest. Do not abuse his arm.

Adam Cecere and Danny Corona into the transfer portal, per Kendall Rogers.

Cecere doesn't surprise me; he's spent 4 years at Wake and put in time and effort in the rebuild. Might want to go somewhere he's guaranteed to get ABs or might want to play a final season closer to home (from PA, north of Pittsburgh).

Corona surprises me. Could be a number of reasons why he's leaving and all of them would be speculation (which I don't want to do).
@CONeill do we know that he is leaving? or just entering the portal?

Know Florida is HOT but must say I have been much more impressed with Langford over Crews during entire CWS…can‘t say I would definitively pick Crews over him or Skenes at 1….probably would go Skenes at #1

How did they call him out? The pitcher threw the ball into his ass. That is interference?

That out was complete bullshit. He beat the ball to base anyway. This smells rigged.

Know Florida is HOT but must say I have been much more impressed with Langford over Crews during entire CWS…can‘t say I would definitively pick Crews over him or Skenes at 1….probably would go Skenes at #1

I agree. Langford and White have been the 2 offensive stars of this CWS.

Back