• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest +3.5 vs. Syracuse

Infuriating and predictable is what it was.

Wakephan and I were at a bar watching it together and as everyone around us realized that we were up at the beginning of the 4th, they kept asking us what are chances were. I said we had none because we've been sitting on the ball the entire 3rd quarter and we'll continue to do so until Miami takes the lead. Which is exactly what happened. That's why us going for it on 4th and 5 about made my brain explode. Kudos for Grobe for finally sacking up and to Tanner for making a hell of throw. But prior to that when we still had the lead we played not to lose, as always, and it unsurprisingly bit us in the ass. Its why I've lost faith in this staff and have no issue with Grobe moving on tomorrow. I'm sick of the gutless wonders that has become this coaching staff.

Syracuse in the Dome - probably going to overtime again

There was really no reason for the Deacs not to run the same style of offense on the first drive of the second half that they did on the first drive of the game. I agree that it was a baffling decision to go back to a little option. It was pretty obvious that Miami was going to be able to stop those types of plays, and they did all game long.

The first time Wake ran the option, in the first half, it was a big gainer (for a WF rush) for a first down. The second time was a loser.

The first time Wake ran the option, in the first half, it was a big gainer (for a WF rush) for a first down. The second time was a loser.

That's right. Caught Miami off guard. But, that's the only reason it worked, and was not going to work again.

Syracuse wins easily. We don't recover from the heartbreaker and Syracuse plays pissed off their last game

I think our team is pretty resilient (we overcame 8 months of coaching ineptitude and the resulting low morale to have some successes). I think if we show up with a reasonable game plan we have the ability (and heart) to win. If we have a poor showing it will be the result of stupid coaching.

That's right. Caught Miami off guard. But, that's the only reason it worked, and was not going to work again.

Running it a time or two a game is fine, but more than that is pointless.

I think our team is pretty resilient (we overcame 8 months of coaching ineptitude and the resulting low morale to have some successes). I think if we show up with a reasonable game plan we have the ability (and heart) to win. If we have a poor showing it will be the result of stupid coaching.

It was only 2 years ago we let a game get away up there that we should've won, a lot of the same players on that team are still here. Hopefully that serves as added motivation.

^Yeah. Funny how I think that game really turned our season downhill from the start, and this year we need it to salvage our season. I am not an eternal optimist but I really think we have been playing good enough for three games to beat cuse. I know this was a tough loss, but I think our kids will show up and execute.

your announcers: Wes Durham, Brian Stann, Jenn Hildreth

your announcers: Wes Durham, Brian Stann, Jenn Hildreth

I was kind of shocked to see Brian Stann doing color when I watched the replay of our game against State. I knew he was a former UFC fighter, but didn't know he played college football as well.

to me this is certainly a must win if we are looking to go bowling....winning against fsu would be an app st-mich miracle, duke who knows after their VT win, and at vandy is always tough, esp as someone mentioned if they are looking for their 6th as well.

Last edited:
Wake should open around a 27 point underdog against FSU so yeah that's not going to be a win. Also the Duke game is at home again this year (and senior day).

Maybe Duke will roll in with the Coastal division lead (!)

didn't know they were retiring mcnabbs jersey either

Cuse has no semblance of an offense...as a Cuse fan I think this line is off...I'd make Wake a 3-4 point favorite.

Cuse's QB threw 7 TDs with no picks against Wagner and Tulane, but has struggled (0TDs 6 picks) against ACC teams.

I agree with TM. It will be close but I see Wake as 3-5 points better than Cuse. And don't get nervous about the Mcnabb jersey ceremony, the dome will be empty and I'm not exaggerating. Its going to be a sea of silver unfortunately.

I think that's probably about right. I could see Wake winning by more because they've been on a roll lately while it seems Cuse is slightly deflated, but I don't care as long as Wake wins.

AJ Marshall is out with a broken fibula. Might return for a bowl game. Orville and Armstrong are good to go. Kevis Jones (knee) is a maybe. Tyree is unknown with a bruised chest.

Back