• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Alumni Travel

I would be interested to hear about any alumni experience with staying in the Flow House.

I want to go back to Vienna badly, and the Flow House seems like a great deal.

Reactions: Go
The Christmas in Vienna trip stays at the Flow House and is $1550 per person. Obviously airfare not included but that doesn't seem too bad.

I mean, these trips look like an older crowd, but its been my experience that older Wake people are super cool and nice. Like I was in a grocery store in February of 2005 in Oahu and wearing a Wake shirt and this older gentleman stopped dead in his tracks and said "Wake Forest! That's my school" and when I told him I went there as well he invited me to their Wake get together the next day to watch the Duke bball game at a steakhouse. Sadly, I was leaving the next day.

Yea, I actually think I'd enjoy the old Wake crowd more than the recent crowd. Never know when you'll bump into RJKarl. Or Harv.

The older crowd tend to be a little more passionate about sports, in all seriousness.

The older crowd is fantastic. Guys like HurricanDeac are great overall people.

I didn't even know that alumni travel was a thing!

My sister goes with the Duke folks quite often. She just did Turkey and is going to Burma next spring. I wish State would do this. We had a trip to Italy with TOB last year. No thanks. I would probably get all vino'ed up and tell him to fire Bible, Archer and then retire.

They have marathons down there? Maybe we can knock out two birds with one stone.

There is a very small contingent of people who have run a marathon on all 7 continents and many aspiring towards that. They organize trips for it.

Apparently there are birds that dive bomb anything you have on your head like hats to use for their nests.

Yea, I actually think I'd enjoy the old Wake crowd more than the recent crowd. Never know when you'll bump into RJKarl. Or Harv.

most definitely agree. i'd rather hang out with the 40+ yr old grads. there's too much of a mixed bag (read: too many douches) with the younger crowd that people don't always react well when you get excited about wake when you see a shirt/hat somewhere random.

most definitely agree. i'd rather hang out with the 40+ yr old grads. there's too much of a mixed bag (read: too many douches) with the younger crowd that people don't always react well when you get excited about wake when you see a shirt/hat somewhere random.

I blame Wake's heavy recruitment into New Jersey

There's an older crowd that tailgates next to us. Guys who are all in their 60s or 70s and show up 3 hours before kickoff every game. Great guys to sit and share a beer with. It also helps that one of them ran over the UNC cornhole set a few games back.

Chatting with Hurricandeac is one of my favorite memories of the Orange Bowl season. Is he still around?

Back