• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Alumni Travel

The older crowd is considerably better than the younger crowd of Wake fans. I think it has to do with them being in it for the love of Wake Forest and the camaraderie of the sport/tailgate because of their experiences with Wake athletics.

The people my parents are friends with and tailgate with who are Wake fans are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

**caveat**

except for us. clearly this board is the best of young wake fans.

most definitely agree. i'd rather hang out with the 40+ yr old grads. there's too much of a mixed bag (read: too many douches) with the younger crowd that people don't always react well when you get excited about wake when you see a shirt/hat somewhere random.

TheReff, KeEpEr, and 81deac are all 40+ year-old grads.

true.

however, i would still bet that if they were repping wake in the grocery store and someone said "hey, go deacs!" they'd respond with a 'go deacs!' I would hope they'd not launch into some gross diatribe about how much better the place was before women had their own major.

conversely, i've seen a younger (i assume) grad wearing Wake stuff in the airport and said 'go deacs!' and the response was a glance down at their shirt and a dumb "oh, yeahh..." with a tone of voice like "wow, you are lame. leave me alone."

true.

however, i would still bet that if they were repping wake in the grocery store and someone said "hey, go deacs!" they'd respond with a 'go deacs!' I would hope they'd not launch into some gross diatribe about how much better the place was before women had their own major.

conversely, i've seen a younger (i assume) grad wearing Wake stuff in the airport and said 'go deacs!' and the response was a glance down at their shirt and a dumb "oh, yeahh..." with a tone of voice like "wow, you are lame. leave me alone."

LBE:

Back