• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest at Vanderbilt - 12 Noon - SECN

This Vanderbilt and Wake game should be played every year to end the season. Not sure why it was pushed up to week 2.

I got Wake -7. I was considering taking Vandy at +13 as well, but just don't want to.

Lot 2 is for winners. I will be the guy in the Wake section trying to start the Safety School chant when Vandy has the ball.

I got Wake -7. I was considering taking Vandy at +13 as well, but just don't want to.

I would be sorely tempted just because that is such a big middle.

With that said, I watched a YouTube bit last night from these guys I watch for their weekly betting locks and one of the guys on there had gotten Wake -7 earlier and he actually said he was going to lay more on Wake -13, which is something you'd never do. Other guy was like, "Why would you lay more on a team where you already have a better play?" and the first guy answered, "Because with Sam Hartman back, I like Wake -13 against Vandy MORE than Wake -7 without Sam Hartman." Both of those guys think Wake covers 13 easily and both had it as one of their top three locks.

Forecast looks like it’s going to be raining all game. That would not be ideal…

I would be sorely tempted just because that is such a big middle.

With that said, I watched a YouTube bit last night from these guys I watch for their weekly betting locks and one of the guys on there had gotten Wake -7 earlier and he actually said he was going to lay more on Wake -13, which is something you'd never do. Other guy was like, "Why would you lay more on a team where you already have a better play?" and the first guy answered, "Because with Sam Hartman back, I like Wake -13 against Vandy MORE than Wake -7 without Sam Hartman." Both of those guys think Wake covers 13 easily and both had it as one of their top three locks.

I hope we easily cover and I like the confidence. Our defense didn't appear to have greatly improved over last year and Clawson said Vandy's QB is the fastest we will see all year. Given that teams basically ran over us with QB keepers all last year I'm afraid we are going to have to put up big numbers to win by two touchdowns. Interesting to see how prolific our offense is first game with Sam back in crap weather.

I hope we easily cover and I like the confidence. Our defense didn't appear to have greatly improved over last year and Clawson said Vandy's QB is the fastest we will see all year. Given that teams basically ran over us with QB keepers all last year I'm afraid we are going to have to put up big numbers to win by two touchdowns. Interesting to see how prolific our offense is first game with Sam back in crap weather.
Oh I tend to agree more with you. I am not overly confident of a cover of 13.5, for all the reasons you point out.

Weather forecast improving slightly. Looks like decent chance of rain for the first half but then clearing up a bit. Hope we can see Sam air it out some.

Worrisome game. On the road, bad weather, first game back for Sam, Vandy is stoked and gunning for this win big-time. We need to be ready.

Deacs win 45-34. Vandy scores a late TD to make it more respectable. Wright has one passing TD and two rushing TDs.

Listened to several ESPNU shows while driving to the beach today. Lotta folks high on Vandy and skeptical if Hartman is ready. Guess they missed the Vandy Elon score. They also seem to like the novelty that at 2-0 Vandy is technically alone in first in the conference and the #narrative of a 4-0 team going into the Bama game.

Listened to several ESPNU shows while driving to the beach today. Lotta folks high on Vandy and skeptical if Hartman is ready. Guess they missed the Vandy Elon score. They also seem to like the novelty that at 2-0 Vandy is technically alone in first in the conference and the #narrative of a 4-0 team going into the Bama game.
Maybe I’m being naive but I’m not worried about Hartman at all. It’s his 5th year in the program and he’s played in 36 games according to a quick search. Maybe he’s off on a few throws here and there but he just missed a couple weeks of practice. Expecting him to be totally fine.

Listened to several ESPNU shows while driving to the beach today. Lotta folks high on Vandy and skeptical if Hartman is ready. Guess they missed the Vandy Elon score.
Yeah same. I think it’s just a cold QB coming in vs a defense that has played 2 games. Plus Ess Eee See speed.

Come out and throw a couple screens. On the 3rd or 4th play, go deep. Shake the rust off early.

Vandy over the last two years ... 0-17 in the SEC and 2-19 overall ... they've played very weak opponents so far this season. I'm not worried.

Back