• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

He was ALWAYS gong to Tenn., he played the recruiting visit game but it was all show

There's a really good update on his visit and where things stand on Les' board.

Not on Les’s board yet and don’t want him to lose any dough but can anyone provide insight on Gortman situation? Is he leaning either way between us and Noles and does he have a date on when he might commit?

We’re in good shape with Gortman. Obviously FSU is major competition.

Too caught up in who he is to see that other schools are trying to show him who he can be?

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Matthew Marsh Commits!

LOL. How dare a recruit want his official visit to be about him!

Y’all’s old man takes are getting bad and will keep getting worse.

A top recruit doesn’t want to be shown he can be like the previous guys unless you’re talking about NBA guys Forbes didn’t coach. Makes sense that he’d want the coach to show off some of his game footage to talk about who he’d fit into the gameplan next year.

LOL. How dare a recruit want his official visit to be about him!

Y’all’s old man takes are getting bad and will keep getting worse.

A top recruit doesn’t want to be shown he can be like the previous guys unless you’re talking about NBA guys Forbes didn’t coach. Makes sense that he’d want the coach to show off some of his game footage to talk about who he’d fit into the gameplan next year.

Sure, but that isn't the reason he chose TN. He's just making shit up after the fact. So I think it's safe for our staff to just take that feedback for what it's worth (not much).

That is actually some good feedback from an official visit that we can add to our presentation very easily .

Stretching a little bit to call that an old man's take. I wouldn't expect to show up at a college and see my high school highlights on a screen. I'd expect to see myself in the uniform and then highlights of what it might mean to wear that uniform. I guess that kid did want to see his high school highlights, but given that's not what other schools do that he visited, I'm guessing he's not the norm. I'll trust Forbes on this one.

A kid with vision for what he could do is going to be a better recruit than a kid who wants to be reminded of what he has done...that's not an old man's take, that's recruiting 101 whether it's basketball or business. The "what have you done" part of an interview is the least important part...you wouldn't be there for the interview without a decent resume.

Last edited:
I don't think it's weird for a recruit to be impressed that the coach broke down his film and showed how he'd fit the offense.

I think it's weird to be offended by it as a random fan.

I don't think it's weird for a recruit to be impressed that the coach broke down his film and showed how he'd fit the offense.

TITCR

Should have showed him sitting next to Forbes on the bench for doing stupid young and dumb shit.

We know Forbes does that. He’s said so on numerous occasions. It was part of the push to get Sarr to stay.

My point was that it had nothing to do with why Edwards chose UT.

Forbes has also said that you’ll whiff on more players than you’ll land… You have to accept that and move on.

I’m sure the staff is well aware of what works and what doesn’t. And it’s an art, not a science.

Showing him his mixtape and telling how great he is sounds stupid. It would take some more work by somebody, but mixing in a few of his plays in the context of WF’s offense and defense makes sense. Surely the guys from ETSU brought ACC level recruiting techniques with them.

Can anyone remember this level of activity or excitement in bball program since Skip died? I sure haven’t and am excited every time Forbes opens his mouth or the staff makes a move.

We’re gonna be good sooner rather than later. I still predict being on outside of NCAA bubble but firm NIT bid.

Showing him his mixtape and telling how great he is sounds stupid. It would take some more work by somebody, but mixing in a few of his plays in the context of WF’s offense and defense makes sense. Surely the guys from ETSU brought ACC level recruiting techniques with them.

Edwards's comments aside, our staff is literally doing everything right at the moment. We haven't seen a recruiter like this for us since Skip, imo.

Can anyone remember this level of activity or excitement in bball program since Skip died? I sure haven’t and am excited every time Forbes opens his mouth or the staff makes a move.

We’re gonna be good sooner rather than later. I still predict being on outside of NCAA bubble but firm NIT bid.

I was pretty pumped as a fan after Manning landed Bryant/Doral/JC, but that's about it. And that feeling faded away real quick.

Back