• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Nice to (finally) get on the board this cycle, and Keller appears to be a perfect fit.

Georgia Tech is now the only ACC program without a '22 basketball commit.

Great pickup! If we put together a quality season like many expect (including myself) we could get rolling soon.

May be mistaken here but I think Keller is Forbes very first "traditional" high school recruit at Wake who took actual official visits to Wake and to other schools. This year's freshmen did their recruiting by zoom and phone calls only while Keller actually got to go to other schools and see their facilities, meet their coaches face to face etc, and he still picked Wake Forest. Small but meaningful detail I think.

Keller ranked #92 in 247's class of 2022 rankings. He is WF's first top 100 recruit since 2018:

Jaylen Hoard #24
Isiah Mucius #94

Keller ranked #92 in 247's class of 2022 rankings. He is WF's first top 100 recruit since 2018:

Jaylen Hoard #24
Isiah Mucius #94

That's the composite ranking, likely dragged down by Rivals having him at #140. 247 rates him as the #75 prospect in 2022 and the #10 PF.

He's our best prospect since Carter Whitt, whose ranking slid a bit when he reclassed, but finished at #79 nationally in the composite and #85 in 247's final eval.

ETA: 247 ranked Cam Hildreth as their #97 prospect in 2021. His composite was likely dragged down by being evaluated so late in the game, but Rivals evaluated him as a 4-star prospect, as well.

Thats a great get for the program. Exciting stuff.
Welcome Zach!!
Good job Coach; keep it up.

Keller gives Wake that fourth big man for the 2022-23 squad. Keller, Laravia, Ingraham and Marsh have talent, size and versatility. Whitt, Hildreth, Taylor, McCray and Monsanto should be a strong wing/guard unit. This years freshmen should keep this in mind if minutes are tough to come by this year. Learn and be ready for plenty of play as sophomores. The future seems bright.

Keller said as much in one of his interviews. Forbes told him he might not get on the court much as a freshman but should earn plenty of PT going forward.

practicing against skilled upperclassmen will only help him get better

reminds me of when skip wanted vytas, eric williams, levy to get the experience of playing against some older, talented frontcourt players @ Marquette

they had those dudes Scott Merritt and Robert Jackson, plus Wade, Diener, and Novak. pretty solid team!

Needs to work on keeping the ball higher when he's posting up - much more likely to get stripped in college play

Back