• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Why wait until 11/1 when it’s only between 2 schools and you’ve apparently made a decision?

Why wait until 11/1 when it’s only between 2 schools and you’ve apparently made a decision?

Maybe that date has special significance. Maybe he hasn't actually made a choice. Maybe he likes the attention from the coaches and thinks it will decrease after the announcement. Maybe....

Yeah, I wasn't trying to read between the lines... I just think it's dumb.

(but sure, the kid can do whatever he wants)

Other than the mid-March, Platte River Sandhill Crane migration and a mid summer float on the Niobrara River, I cannot think of any reason to go to Nebraska.

Other than the mid-March, Platte River Sandhill Crane migration and a mid summer float on the Niobrara River, I cannot think of any reason to go to Nebraska.

Maybe red is his favorite color. Maybe he likes steak and they gave him two....

The nationally recognized analytics team he hired to determine his best course of action won't have the results ready until the end of the month. What's hard to understand about that?

It appears Jamarques Lawrence will commit to Wake but is waiting until November 1st to officially announce.

Any insight into the talent/recruiting profile of this prospect?

I had to go for a deposition once. It is flat. There are cornfields everywhere. Had a pretty good Whiskey Rib Eye at a place called Gorat's.

It appears Jamarques Lawrence will commit to Wake but is waiting until November 1st to officially announce.

Any insight into the talent/recruiting profile of this prospect?

Do you have any scoop that Lawrence is coming here or is that just a gut feel?

Although currently living in NJ, thought that I heard the Lawrence has family in Winston. If true, that helps as compared to Nebraska. Lawrence is a late riser. He was not on the radar of any high D-1 schools until July, when he apparently shot the ball really well in some showcase events. As a result, Lawrence got late offers from WF, Nebraska, Cal, VT, DePaul among others. He apparently is an elite shooter. Forbes must like him a lot because the roster is already loaded with young wing players.

We still need a shooter.

I had to go for a deposition once. It is flat. There are cornfields everywhere. Had a pretty good Whiskey Rib Eye at a place called Gorat's.

Sandhill cranes are known as "rib eye in the sky" because they are really tasty. About 1.5 million of them pass through central Nebraska every March and stay in the Platte River valley for about 2-3 weeks eating the corn field stubble left behind from the previous autumn's harvest. It's madness.

Sandhill cranes are known as "rib eye in the sky" because they are really tasty. About 1.5 million of them pass through central Nebraska every March and stay in the Platte River valley for about 2-3 weeks eating the corn field stubble left behind from the previous autumn's harvest. It's madness.

I was skeptical, so I looked it up.

No longer skeptical - sign me up for some Chimichurri Sandhill crane

grilled-sandhill-crane-breasts.jpg

Now I’m wondering why I see sandhill cranes everywhere except on my plate.

Now I’m wondering why I see sandhill cranes everywhere except on my plate.

It’s illegal to harvest them in FL because we have a local Florida subspecies that is listed as threatened under the states endangered species act. Also, harvest is very tightly controlled because the extremely endangered whooping crane (about 800 left globally) often flocks with Sandhills and one could easily accidentally shoot a whopper thinking it was a Sandhill.

Back