• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Going forward, I would expect to see about four new guys every year. Wake should be losing guys to early NBA as well as graduation. Probably also guys going into portal.

My preference would be two top100 HS guys and two Euro/portal guys. Portal guys will help Forbes keep his team "old" and experienced.

Yeah this is the part of the recruiting cycle where we usually settle for a couple lower ranked players and spend weeks arguing about the eye test versus recruiting rankings, with about 60% of the fanbase talking themselves into believing they're underrated gems, 20% labeling them immediate busts, and the rest preaching to wait and see. The portal basically ends the need to do that at all. There's so much more risk taking a flyer on a high schooler than there is snagging a transfer with a year or two of college court time to evaluate. Not surprised that a coach with some JUCO experience would recognize the shift the portal represents.

Nobody likes the fact that we haven't knocked down some super elite recruit at this point. But considering where the program is and the amount of talent Forbes has added, it's a tricky time to land someone like that. I'd be much more worried if we were grabbing low-ranked guys in a panic.

Exactly, DC. Good post.

I like the transfer portal and ease of movement. As we are seeing, we are getting better players than we are losing overall.

Exactly, DC. Good post.

I like the transfer portal and ease of movement. As we are seeing, we are getting better players than we are losing overall.

Getting guys from the portal is a lot like recruiting JuCo grads. Some college experience against mostly lower level talent. Which guys will continue to do well against better competition is the question.

Some are. It's a mix like this class. Forbes brought in two guys who were mid-major All-Conference types. That's who you're talking about. But he also brought in three grad transfers who had been role players on NCAA Tournament teams.

Add one or two of each as needed every year and we're in business.

Going forward, I would expect to see about four new guys every year. Wake should be losing guys to early NBA as well as graduation. Probably also guys going into portal.

My preference would be two top100 HS guys and two Euro/portal guys. Portal guys will help Forbes keep his team "old" and experienced.

I like the Euro guy option. Wish we could land a Songaila or Vytas.

Mintz provides Forbes and staff another opportunity to sign a Top 100 guard. The team and future have more clarity for Mintz to make a decision. He also has an opportunity to see the team in action to determine fit.

Opportunity knocks.

Last edited:
This board is falling down on the job. No word on here that Keller did sign his LOI and is now a done deal to Wake. Nobody else though.

It was on the official Athletics side. Les's board is great for much more detailed info than that

Back