• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Jake re-tweeted some interesting tweets today

FNgA5C-WQAMpVHi

I don’t know, does the NIT count towards “a strong weekend or two in March”?

No player should leave early based on the promise of maybe slipping into the top 45.

oof, please don't let Jake Laravia become the new Sage Surratt.

I don’t think we lose nearly as many as people think we will. If we lose Alondes, Sy, Williamson, Mucius, Walton, LaRavia and only have Keller coming in so far we are in serious trouble. I think Forbes knows already

I have been operating under the assumption that Jake was leaving for a few months now. I would be absolutely thrilled if he returned, but I do not expect it.

I don’t think we lose nearly as many as people think we will. If we lose Alondes, Sy, Williamson, Mucius, Walton, LaRavia and only have Keller coming in so far we are in serious trouble. I think Forbes knows already

That would leave a core of Marsh and Keller as "bigs," Monsanto as the three with Whitt, Taylor and McCray filling the back court. Or just Taylor and McCray, if some on here get their wish.

Wake and Forbes would be in worse shape on May 22 than in May 21. Wake may not take JuCo students, but the basketball roster churn could look like that at JuCos. Forbes is busy recruiting from the Portal. Wake is a bottom 5 ACC pick again.

Portal choices will decrease as the Covid bolus shrinks. Also kids may realize they are gambling their scholarship. No guarantee of a scholarship anywhere once you enter the portal.

In the alternate universe, Forbes convinces all the guys with remaining eligibility to return and Wake is a top 5 ACC pick.

That would leave a core of Marsh and Keller as "bigs," Monsanto as the three with Whitt, Taylor and McCray filling the back court. Or just Taylor and McCray, if some on here get their wish.

Wake and Forbes would be in worse shape on May 22 than in May 21. Wake may not take JuCo students, but the basketball roster churn could look like that at JuCos. Forbes is busy recruiting from the Portal. Wake is a bottom 5 ACC pick again.

Portal choices will decrease as the Covid bolus shrinks. Also kids may realize they are gambling their scholarship. No guarantee of a scholarship anywhere once you enter the portal.

In the alternate universe, Forbes convinces all the guys with remaining eligibility to return and Wake is a top 5 ACC pick.

I'm not sure I agree with that, although I have not studied what might be the returning ACC rosters that closely. Williams was an enormous part of our offense. We don't have a replacement currently on the roster.

I'm not sure I agree with that, although I have not studied what might be the returning ACC rosters that closely. Williams was an enormous part of our offense. We don't have a replacement currently on the roster.

Meant to add in there "Judah Mintz comes to Wake."

I think LaRavia can do a lot of what Manman did this season.

Meant to add in there "Judah Mintz comes to Wake."

I think LaRavia can do a lot of what Manman did this season.

Agreed. I would think almost every college kid that just got some media love as potential NBA pick is going to retweet it and crazy to read anything into it. I think the ROE getting picked that late vs. staying a year and getting a ton of preseason pub as well as potential to be the star of the show knowing Alondes is gone and getting up into 1st round is rather significant. Not to mention I think he knows he has a lot to improve on his game and the extra year would do wonders for him especially with his ball handling and passing.

One for Forbes and Wake to consider if there is need for a guard.

Best guess right now is bigs are a greater need. LaRavia and Walton are my first two choices there.

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Zach Keller Commits!

Looks promising. He transfer redshirted when Monsanto redshirted. Presumably a grad transfer. Could step right in to replace Williams or Williamson. We really need a PG though.

Back