• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Zach Keller Commits!

Thanks! Forgot to check their transfer status.

The ultimate wtf scneario - if you assume everyone leaves from this group, we will have to hit the portal again real hard. I am not including any potential or surprising transfers out.

Williams, Sy, Walton, Williamson, Mucius, Lester, LaRavia.

That leaves 6(!) spots open with these returning players + Keller.

Guards: McCray, Taylor, Whitt, Hildreth (combined 5 seasons of experience, only 3 years actually playing)

Wing: Monsanto, Keller (1.5 seasons of experience)

Big Men: Marsh (basically 0)

Just looking at that list, yikes. How would you fill those 6 holes. Veteran PG, Combo guard/sharpshooter, athletic wing, strong offensive rebounder, another 5 man and (hopefully) Mintz?

I don't even know how you would rank that team coming into the ACC next season. Probably bottom-third just based on unknowns. Puts a ton of pressure on getting another bunch of good players from the portal.

The good news is - Forbes and his staff and uniquely positioned to do this well and we have one of the best track records to sell.

It's going to be an interesting offseason.

2022-2023 could be another year where everybody has to wear a name tag on the front of his jersey so his team mates know who he is.

personally, i don't think LaRavia would leave being expected a 'maybe' 2nd round pick. i could have my black and gold-colored glasses on, but just my .02. I also think maybe one of the others would come back...but i have no insider info. just hopeful i guess.

having said that, yes there is a lot of work to be done to fill out the roster. Forbes is earning his money imo

If Wake is having these issues with the transfer portal etc. what about the rest of the ACC?

If Wake is having these issues with the transfer portal etc. what about the rest of the ACC?

Wake really doesn't have a problem with the portal. Wake has a lot of guys who have played four or five years of college basketball. Walton, Williamson, Mucius have a year of eligibility and could return.

Sy, Miles Lester and Williams have exhausted their college eligibility. Their scholarships will need to be filled by fall.

Jake LaRavia is being talked about as an NBA draftee.

Wake could have seven guys leave to get paid to play.

Only one recruit is currently signed. Wake needs at least two more guys this spring. Either high school players or portal guys. could mean a lot of portal searching, just like last year, so Wake fields a team.

Deacs have already been in contact with transfer portal candidates. There will be lots of good ones.

How long does a player have after the season ends to decide whether to stay or leave? Would figure that could place a burden on Forbes and his staff trying to complete next years roster. Appreciate the insight you and Pilch provide!

How long does a player have after the season ends to decide whether to stay or leave? Would figure that could place a burden on Forbes and his staff trying to complete next years roster. Appreciate the insight you and Pilch provide!

There are no rules. Players can put their names into the Portal anytime.

Ledarrius practiced with Steve during the 2019-20 year as a transfer redshirt; his brother transferred in last year after Forbes left

and both played for Jason Shay - and I have to think those players appreciate Shay standing up for them

Coach said he would expect them all to enter draft and get evaluated. After that he said he’d sit with each k e to see if they want to come back or pursue opportunities overseas, etc. If nothing definitive at that point, he starts recruiting for the spots.

I doubt we will go after the Brewer bros.

Need higher level players than them at this level. I mean, if we have 7 scholarships to fill, then sure, but if we only 3 or 4 openings, we will swing for bigger name players.

There will be a boatload in the portal.

I doubt we will go after the Brewer bros.

Need higher level players than them at this level. I mean, if we have 7 scholarships to fill, then sure, but if we only 3 or 4 openings, we will swing for bigger name players.

There will be a boatload in the portal.

Just need someone who can hit ONE fucking free throw against BC ...

Do kids that go to or went (Monsanto) to ETSU or a school like that want to put in the time with the books at Wake if they are gonna be here more than a year?

Back