• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

From the discussion with Klintman about his recruitment:
...my mom and me were so happy so I feel like I had to commit.

Make momma happy and good things follow.

Last edited:
Even more fun twist: their competitors like to engage in smear campaigns online.

A grown ass man is smearing his kid competitors when their clients are also kids.

A grown ass man is smearing his kid competitors when their clients are also kids.

But hey, he drummed up clicks for his stupid ass 247 site at the expense of kids of one of our alums. And our most prominent media member went right for it.

But hey, he drummed up clicks for his stupid ass 247 site at the expense of kids of one of our alums. And our most prominent media member went right for it.

I mean, I get why you're mad since it sounds like your kids are friends with them. It's one thing if they are just doing graphic design work for recruits. But as soon as you jump in to trying to scoop and break news ahead of people who rely on scoops and breaking news for their living, you are kind of opening yourself up to a different kind of criticism. The way you are talking makes it sound like they're doing a school project or something. If they are doing something professional and getting paid for it, I don't see why they'd be immune to criticism.

This all sounds interesting, but I do not even know who our most prominent media member is. Is Al Hunt still around?

I mean, I get why you're mad since it sounds like your kids are friends with them. It's one thing if they are just doing graphic design work for recruits. But as soon as you jump in to trying to scoop and break news ahead of people who rely on scoops and breaking news for their living, you are kind of opening yourself up to a different kind of criticism. The way you are talking makes it sound like they're doing a school project or something. If they are doing something professional and getting paid for it, I don't see why they'd be immune to criticism.

Not immune to criticism but that Tipton post seems like a little much. Like I said, he’s going after kids when his business is about appealing to kids.

I don't really see any "smearing", but maybe I missed a post or tweet somewhere

it seems like the kids fucked up and learned a lesson about reporting etiquette

I don't really see any "smearing", but maybe I missed a post or tweet somewhere

it seems like the kids fucked up and learned a lesson about reporting etiquette

But you don't know that. You presume they were in the wrong.

They were called out one other time that I'm aware of. Maybe the guy trying to generate clicks is in the wrong and not the kids making $50 to do an edit with no 247 etc affiliation. I know enough details and people involved not to automatically assume the Tipton guy was in the right

Oh I’m not assuming anyone is in the right. I’m only saying that announcing scoops and breaking news is a much different game than doing social media graphics for $50. If you are going to publicly scoop a commitment before the recruit is even ready to announce you better be ready for some pushback. Especially if you’re then trying to get those recruits as customers for custom graphics.

Anyways, good lesson to learn when you’re young.

Oh I’m not assuming anyone is in the right. I’m only saying that announcing scoops and breaking news is a much different game than doing social media graphics for $50. If you are going to publicly scoop a commitment before the recruit is even ready to announce you better be ready for some pushback. Especially if you’re then trying to get those recruits as customers for custom graphics.

Anyways, good lesson to learn when you’re young.

Fair

Have we reached peak internet when two different Twitter handles called "__ edits", whose only value is reporting interest and commitments of amateur basketball players, are arguing about ethics and people are choosing sides?

Agreed...

Not to give away too much that's in the subscriber-only post, but ...

Biggest takeaway in talking to him was that he's confident in his abilities (esp. offensive ones) but also aware of what he needs to do to improve. Said he came to U.S. to play final season before college because he knew it was better basketball than he'd play in Sweden. Said he knows his defense needs to improve, and is well aware of Forbes' tendency/philosophy to keep defensive liabilities on the bench.

I think he'll be a bit raw, but wouldn't be surprised if he plays more than any other freshman they had this past season. I think it was really valuable for him to be at Sunrise Christian, Klintman said as much. He practiced against Mark Mitchell every day, he was a McDonald's AA. Could wind up being a valuable piece next season.

So he can put the ball in the hoop but may struggle defensively. A player Forbes targets, “you can coach defense”

Back