• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

He feels like a guy that actually stays 4 years. I know I’m counting my chickens before they hatch, but if he can come in and contribute all 4 years, that’ll give us a layer of stability we’ve lacked. Hopefully he is ready.
Why?

What makes the 99 recruit more or less likely to stay 4 years?
As far as going pro, the #99 recruit has less expectation to leave early. He's less likely to blow up and leave early as well.

As far as transferring, I feel pretty confident in Forbes ability to keep players he wants to keep.

His comments. Did you read the entire writeup that Les posted?

He talked about how much his parents value academics. He called this a 40 year decision not just a 4 year. He did say his goal is the NBA, but acknowledged his degree is just as important.

As far as going pro, the #99 recruit has less expectation to leave early. He's less likely to blow up and leave early as well.

As far as transferring, I feel pretty confident in Forbes ability to keep players he wants to keep.
I mean, that’s fine and all, but assuming anybody will thread the needle of being good enough to stay but not good enough to go pro is a losing proposition at this point.

I just want him to be good. He certainly has potential.

I mean, that’s fine and all, but assuming anybody will thread the needle of being good enough to stay but not good enough to go pro is a losing proposition at this point.

I just want him to be good. He certainly has potential.
That describes all the main players in the Forbes era except LaRavia.

I have no idea. Wake’s recent history with HS recruits doesn’t fill me with hope.
Klintman and Keller seem to be solid recruits, particularly Klintman. The two Englishmen have been good this year (except for Hildreth’s outside shooting). Hoping the three in the ‘23 class can really get things going.

The fact ranked higher than almost everyone Forbes has pulled in makes me think he’ll see the court even if not immediately. While we’ve seen the worst case of a 4-star guard not working out and leaving early in Carter Whitt, he has the one skill set that makes you playable anywhere, shooting. Sweet stroke.

On the flip side, 6’3 165 means he’s a) going to have to put on size — not a pro body day 1. b) not going to leap off the page at a combine and end up a high draft pick. If he was 6’7, that end would be much more a risk.

Add in his comments for the feels, it’s the best I’ve felt yet about fitting in that sweet spot.

Now to your point, it probably shouldn’t be the default for anyone staying anywhere 4 years today. But he’s the perfect profile for threading that needle.

Back