• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Shit, I don’t know if we have the $ with that crowd.
We’ll see. This is as good as our positioning has been with a HS recruit of this caliber in quite awhile. He’s from Salisbury so pretty local. Forbes has been in constant contact with him. He was here on his official in January and has attended at least the State and UNC games from what I’ve seen. Our entire staff was at his game on February 10th. We are going to have to start landing guys like this if the program is going to take the next step. Even NC State just got a commit from a SG that is #31 overall on 247.

I would feel great about this commit under the old rules, but in the NIL era, I have no clue - especially going against some schools that I assume are deep pockets (specifically Miami, Tenn, and LSU)

Yea like, seriously, what kind of NIL package should this kid reasonably expect?

At least we'll know in a few weeks. Either way, it'll help the staff as they try to put together a strategy for the '24 class.

Yea like, seriously, what kind of NIL package should this kid reasonably expect?
I don’t know enough to offer a guess but if we can’t compete in the NIL landscape for a 4* top 50 caliber player it’s going to be a really tough road back to where we want to be. Harris is a great player and I’ll be ecstatic if we land him but it’s not like he’s a top 10 player.

Hope we have NIL funds to match best offer, heard Forbes say they struck out on top recruits last year because we had no NIL money to offer, while schools that signed paid.

I would feel great about this commit under the old rules, but in the NIL era, I have no clue - especially going against some schools that I assume are deep pockets (specifically Miami, Tenn, and LSU)
When it comes to bball Kansas would outpay all three of those schools combined.

maybe forbes gets the home town discount so his parents can get to games easily (but we should still pay of course). agree that it'll be a long, slow, slog if we can't at least compete with cash money.

I'm pretty sure Birmingham will be the first ACC player from Iceland if he comes to Wake!

Being an early offer can be key in landing a recruit.

He must have big hands, the way he controls the ball on that first drive. That's an extremely impressive dunk for a 10th grader.
Let birdman announce big hands

Back