• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Seems weird that there are no "Stay on topic" posts in the midst of all the Disney+ and Hamilton discussion, like there were when BBD was exposing and shitting on Dutch's racism. Just sayin'.

Here's my attempt to get us back on track...

Aidoo is listed as one of the fastest risers by 247. From outside the top 150 to #89.

How many schools have a scholarship for a January entry?

More importantly, do we?

I count 12 on scholarhip on the 20-21 Wake roster. That assumes Anthony Mathis, walk-on transfer from Naval Academy and Sunday Okeke are still walk ons.

How many schools have a scholarship for a January entry?

Another Wake target, John Camden, recently transferred to Brewster. This move signals that they were not likely to be a 2021 package deal.

Wonder if this indicates a surprise and did not appreciate the new competition.

Saw a claim that Whitt would be Nebraska’s highest ranked recruit ever. Seems like an odd choice, but they look like his most likely destination.

Wonder if this indicates a surprise and did not appreciate the new competition.

Camden is a SG/SF and would have been a complement to Whitt. If he can't handle being recruited-over, he shouldn't go with a blue blood school. Nebraska might be his best bet.

Hoiberg is a good coach

Steve Forbes is a good coach. Top 10 winning percentage of all active coaches.

Winston superior to Lincoln in every conceivable way.

Wake academics superior to Nebraska. Whitt is a bright kid from a family that values academics so this actually should matter to him.

Only way to make sense of it is he wants to start from day 1 and has 0 shot to do that at Wake. Even if that’s it he has way better options than Nebraska. They can’t even win in football anymore.

Steve Forbes is a good coach. Top 10 winning percentage of all active coaches.

Winston superior to Lincoln in every conceivable way.

Wake academics superior to Nebraska. Whitt is a bright kid from a family that values academics so this actually should matter to him.

Only way to make sense of it is he wants to start from day 1 and has 0 shot to do that at Wake. Even if that’s it he has way better options than Nebraska. They can’t even win in football anymore.

A basketball coach would have to be pretty desperate and be really weak at his position to hand Whitt the starting job in January. This is different from a midyear transfer who has been practicing with the team for a year and is waiting for the transfer/sit out year clock to run.

He's not looking to play this season, right? I assumed he was looking to enroll early and have this be a red-shirt year. I believe Caleb Mills did that at Houston. As crazy as going from NC to Nebraska for college would be - wasting a year or eligibility by trying to play mid-season would be even crazier.

Back