• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

What’s the reasoning for the stark redshirt rule differences between football and basketball (and presumably all other sports)?
All sports have had the no play at all for voluntary redshirt until football changed the rule for football a few years ago.

That shot is brooooooke. Even the walk on hit his chance Clark couldn't get close on a few good looks.

His shooting mechanics were always gonna need a ton of work tbf

He’s got good instincts tho

I hope he stays

I’d like to know what Forbes thinks about Canka. Did we expect him to be a project or to give us some minutes right away? I know he wouldn’t answer this, but does Canka come back next year?
Forbes has already answered this. There was an article a week of two ago all about Canka on Wake's website. Forbes said Canka is going to take a while.

Forbes has already answered this. There was an article a week of two ago all about Canka on Wake's website. Forbes said Canka is going to take a while.
Cool. I’ll look for the article. But I think we all know that now. I’m wondering what the expectation was.

Not sure I am down with taking project players out of the transfer portal. Maybe an athletic big, but not a guard.

Not sure I am down with taking project players out of the transfer portal. Maybe an athletic big, but not a guard.
I don't think it's a big deal. Forbes brought in 6 new players. Two are starters. A true frosh is a key reserve. Another frosh gets some playing time. That's pretty good on a team already returning players. Canka would be gravy.

I don't think it's a big deal. Forbes brought in 6 new players. Two are starters. A true frosh is a key reserve. Another frosh gets some playing time. That's pretty good on a team already returning players. Canka would be gravy.
Yeah at the end of the day everyone can't play big minutes. It's good to have a few projects at all times, lots won't pan out but if a few do that's a great addition to your roster, along with your frosh, and other ready to go transfers that come in.

What’s the reasoning for the stark redshirt rule differences between football and basketball (and presumably all other sports)?
The website says it is to give football coaches some flexibility in managing their roster. Guys not ready for the sport early may be ready for a few games late in this physical sport. Methinks also due to numbers of injuries teams sustain, that gives football that added flexibility late by giving 4 games to frosh.

The website says it is to give football coaches some flexibility in managing their roster. Guys not ready for the sport early may be ready for a few games late in this physical sport. Methinks also due to numbers of injuries teams sustain, that gives football that added flexibility late by giving 4 games to frosh.
A game or two early in the true freshman season may help young guys understand the true difference between high school and college. Plus having freshmen available for a few games helps with the l season long attrition.

The facial resemblance is remarkable. Being 6'3" in 7th grade and able to dunk bodes well.

Back