• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Definitely excited about Hildreth. Great pickup out of nowhere.

Definitely excited about Hildreth. Great pickup out of nowhere.

Not out of nowhere..........He's out of the UK.

It's been a while, but I used to live there. Saw very little basketball - courts, balls, players, anything. Interesting how a few really good players have developed there.

Giraffes are selfish.

And you know dogs have a way of keeping dry. You know that? They're insulated, you see, they've got this fur ... it keeps them cool in the summer and warm and dry in the winter. They're really set up better than human beings as far as that goes. (Thunder rumbles). And as far as the little one goes … why, the big ones, they'll take care of him ... the little trembly one ... (more thunder). And they're short, you see, close to the ground, that way they can't get struck by lightning. Now if they was giraffes they'd have been hit by now, uh..., but dogs are short and they take care of their own. Giraffes don't. No, giraffes don't at all. Boy, giraffes are selfish, just run around looking out for number one, getting hit by lightning, but dogs.... (more thunder; Barney looks at Andy) You just gonna sit there or you coming with me??
Where?
To get them dogs!!

The college basketball signing period starts on Wednesday (November 11).

Last edited:
2024. Forbes getting in early.

I'm okay with being first on a 2024 guy. Was tired of being first power 5 offer for current year recruits under Manning.

McCray is going to be awesome. Feel like he could be a Brogdon-type guy for Forbes during the rebuild.

Didn't it take a day or two for all the signings to come through in the last signing period?

Whitt officially signed and enrolling before Christmas!

Awesome news. After Whitt joins, not counting walk-ons, WF will have 8 guards on the roster:

Jahcobi Neath
Jalen Johnson
Daivien Williamson
Ian Dubose
Quadry Adams
Jonah Antonio
Isiah Wilkins
Carter Whitt

Everyone is eligible to return, in the unlikely event that happened, WF would have 10 guards on its roster when Hildreth and McCray enroll next season. WF definitely in on the "it's a guard's game now."

I can see a guy like Jonah wanting to go stroke it overseas after this season. Also, I'm guessing Dubose has pro aspirations and wouldn't be surprised to see him depart for Europe. Honestly, I'd be surprised if any of our grad transfers come back next season but who knows.

I think it's time to get excited about basketball again. Forbes is the antithesis of who we've had the last decade. He's proven who can bring in talent and while we might not see immediate success this season, I think we are going to leapfrog the Clemson's, VA Techs, GT and Pitts of the world come 2021,2022 at lastest. Can't wait to see what the Forbes effect does in year 1, though. GO DEACS BABY

Back