• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

from article when he committed to Clemson:

Taylor had over 30 offers from different schools. In addition to Clemson, his offers included Appalachian State, Arizona State, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Connecticut, East Carolina, Elon, Georgia Tech, Hofstra, Holy Cross, Iona, James Madison, Marquette, Miami, Murray State, NC A&T, Ohio State, Old Dominion, Ole Miss, Providence, Richmond, UNC-Wilmington, USF, Vanderbilt, VCU, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Wisconsin, Wofford, and Xavier.

solid list

Most likely. Seems like the staff was down to those 2 and Aidoo. Now it’s going to be Aidoo and the portal to fill out the last four spots.

He's super impressive how he uses his body when driving. He's also a great rebounder for a guard. All in all, where he comes up short, it can be fixed. FT shooting and jump shots are repetition.

The Hal Greer model.

He's super impressive how he uses his body when driving. He's also a great rebounder for a guard. All in all, where he comes up short, it can be fixed. FT shooting and jump shots are repetition.

Kind of like CMM and Ish? Nope, gotta change their shot if they can’t shoot. Felton at UNC is a good example.

Add one more to the collection of guards.

Now repeat the mantra:

Wake needs a good big!
Wake needs a good big!
Wake needs a good big!

LaRavia, Ingraham and Ody are all 6'9

I bet we get a transfer big, but with Tariq healthy and a legit stretch 4/5 in LaRavia, we will look MUCH different next season. All we had this year was COVID Ody and Freshman Opkomo...I agree that we need another big, but it isn't as* pressing as it was before Tariq announced he will be back and before we landed LaRavia.

I'm not holding my breath that we have a shot at Aidoo. I imagine we fill the final 4 scholarships with transfers.

Hoping Coleman is the next big piece.

I think Lucas Taylor is a big get. He is another guard but one with some size and athleticism on the wing at 6-6. I am curious on why he decommited from Clemson, especially with all of their departures although I have heard that a lot of the players didn't love playing for Brownell.

Hopefully Coleman is next and then Forbes can focus on rounding the roster out with some bigs.

I think Lucas Taylor is a big get. He is another guard but one with some size and athleticism on the wing at 6-6.
I'm glad to hear this. I was impressed by his offer list but his commitment hasn't seemed to register much here. Probably because we have our eyes on the tranfer market.

Yeah wasn't on the boards yesterday but was really excited when I saw his commitment. I was hoping we would get him before he commited to Clemson.

Taylor seems like the kind of player Forbes wants in the system. Good size, plus athlete, knows how to defend. We haven’t had this kind of size on the perimeter in forever (ever?).

I think Forbes wants the multi dimensional player who is athletic and contributes in every facet of the game. Ergo no Massoud or Neath as well as the others who left. He will get athletes who can play defense and rebound. Love it.

Back