• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Just remember that by the time Cam gets his Wake measurement, he'll be 6'1, 165...

Bobby & Eric, idk y’all, but come on up the road to Wake. Y’all two and Carter would go crazy for however long y’all need to stay in college. I’ll even personally drive down and give a covid-safe tour lol. Oh and y’all get to play Louisville pic.twitter.com/5APkGc6Z2x— Aaron Rountree III (@RountreeIII) March 20, 2021

Not sure how to link tweets on my phone but if this doesn't show up this is former deac aaron Rountree saying we need to get the 2 recent Louisville commits to Wake

PG Bobby Petiford Jr
SF Eric Van Der Heijden

Throw in Aidoo and holy crap thats a recruiting class along with everyone already coming

Bobby & Eric, idk y’all, but come on up the road to Wake. Y’all two and Carter would go crazy for however long y’all need to stay in college. I’ll even personally drive down and give a covid-safe tour lol. Oh and y’all get to play Louisville pic.twitter.com/5APkGc6Z2x— Aaron Rountree III (@RountreeIII) March 20, 2021

Not sure how to link tweets on my phone but if this doesn't show up this is former deac aaron Rountree saying we need to get the 2 recent Louisville commits to Wake

PG Bobby Petiford Jr
SF Eric Van Der Heijden

Throw in Aidoo and holy crap thats a recruiting class along with everyone already coming

Yes, the text made it. Sounds more like Rountree telling those two they should go to Wake.

If so, they need to have a chat with Matt Colburn about how you get even with Louisville after they dis you.

Since he hasn't signed a LOI and Marquette is getting a new coach, we have to throw everything we have at Aidoo. His rise on Rivals from #104 to #33 is almost never done. This could mean he's really a Top 10-15 talent. 80-90% of our focus needs to be on him.

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Carter Whitt Commits! and Cam Hildreth from UK!

Something else to remember, if you work overseas, about the first $100K is tax free. Add to this, teams often pay all living expenses for foreign players.

How so? The United States taxes citizens on their global income regardless of where it’s earned. You get a credit for any foreign taxes paid.

The living expenses are included in the taxable income.

Last edited:
How so? The United States taxes citizens on their global income regardless of where it’s earned. You get a credit for any foreign taxes paid.

The living expenses are included in the taxable income.

The Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE, using IRS Form 2555) allows you to exclude a certain amount of your FOREIGN EARNED income from US tax. For tax year 2020 (filing in 2021) the exclusion amount is $107,600.

The Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE, using IRS Form 2555) allows you to exclude a certain amount of your FOREIGN EARNED income from US tax. For tax year 2020 (filing in 2021) the exclusion amount is $107,600.

Thank you. I wonder if foreign basketball players meet the eligibility tests.

OMG, I was off by $7600 on my semi-educated guess about tax free income. I guess that shows I know nothing. :)

Thank you. I wonder if foreign basketball players meet the eligibility tests.

If you mean US citizens playing basketball in other countries, many do limit their time in the US to one month per year to meet the requirements.

But what does this have to do with recruiting?

I wonder what the rules would be for recruiting players at Euro basketball academies. Are the kids who move to play for Real Madrid or Barca considered pros? If their families get jobs from the teams while they are in the training program in Italy are they "pros"?

Wake Forest: “They are in the ACC, which is a very good conference filled with competition. They are also turning it around; they have a good incoming class coming next season.”

"Wood: Hillcrest Prep 2022 center Mustapha (Momo) Cissé. The 7-foot, 245-pounder from France already holds offers from Arizona State, Georgia and a few mid-majors. He is still adapting to the American game but has the makings of an elite rebounder and shot blocker."

Taylor seem redundant with the other 2/3's Wake already has. 247 has him listed at 174, three star. The bottom of the range I would like to see Wake recruiting from.

Fuck the rankings sometimes. Dude can play.

Although w/ McCray and Hildreth + the portal. I doubt we are still interested.

Fuck the rankings sometimes. Dude can play.

Although w/ McCray and Hildreth + the portal. I doubt we are still interested.

He was one of Forbes first offers on May 2 last year. Lots of two's and three's have come to Wake, or are en route. There will be a lot of competition for minutes at those spots.

However, with all the announced departures, Forbes may still want him.

Back