• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Would love Taylor to explode, but he didn’t hit a bucket all year. Also only grabbed 1 board. I know it was garbage time almost exclusively, but that stood out to me.

I mean he had ManMan, Jake, Zay, and Daivien ahead of him.

I’m gonna withhold judgement on freshmen til I see them play meaningful rotation minutes.

Only guys who showed me enough for expectations are Matt and Cam.

Yeah, not judging, still have hopes for him -- just that McCray seemed clearly ahead all year and in the similarly limited minutes they had, McCray actually put up some numbers. But hell, if Forbes throws Monsanto in for garbage time behind a good, experienced team his true first year, maybe he looks similarly uncomfortable. If Forbes had redshirted Taylor this year, I'd probably be thinking dude could repeat Monsanto's rise. Big year/summer for development. I think these guys know what they're doing. Was looking recently at some of our other reported targets for that class who went elsewhere, and I didn't really see anyone who jumped out (probably missed a few), and a couple barely saw floor at all, so we were probably going to need to be patient, regardless.

Taylor had 2:09 of non-garbage time PT in 2022 (at Miami 1/1), and registered a turnover while the team was -5
McCray had 2:42 of non-garbage time PT in 2022 (at UVA 1/15), and registered a foul while the team was -5

so, neither was ahead of the other, and we don't really have anything to judge them on

Cooper has picked up offers from Texas and Oklahoma in the last few days.

Back