• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Just to clear up any confusion that is being spread by another poster:
  • RTQ was not involved in any capacity with the recruitment of a prospect - nor did it "match an offer" from another program. Collectives are not allowed to be pitching deals to prospects before they've signed & enrolled at a school. Both of these instances are against NCAA rules.
  • Coaching staffs around the country are allowed to tell prospects that they have NIL collectives in place - they are not allowed to offer $$ to recruits nor are they allowed to communicate to a collective how much a prospect "needs."
  • Our coaching staff(s) have not been as successful on the the recruiting front as they would have liked to be in the past because at those point in times, there was not a Collective in place. That is no longer the case. Our staff(s) no longer have to avoid answering that question.
  • Please do not take what has been said/shared before and twist it to fit a certain narrative.
Go Deacs!

Are coaches allowed to discuss existing NIL deals held by current players with recruits? I honestly don’t know.

You have just defamed our head coach and athletic department by saying they violated NCAA rules relating to NIL. Before making allegations such as this, you should have personal knowledge of facts supporting them. I’ll wouldn’t be surprised if you get a letter from WF’s legal counsel. You need to cut out this shit.
LOL. If he gets a letter from legal counsel, then they really need something better to do.

The OP made a douchey post regardless because, even if we make the assumption that it is true (which I'm not), it's the bullshit, cavalier, in-the-know, braggadocio behavior that has sunk many an athletic programs with the NCAA over the years. Even if he THINKS it's accurate, he should just STFU.

Thanks to Creamy I was sent this PM of what’s coming, for more information I would reach out to him but it doesn’t look good for our resident from NJ and his false statements.

03-27-23

Redacted

Dear Redacted,

I am writing to you on behalf of Redacted, hereinafter referred to as "our client". It has come to our attention that you have made false and defamatory statements about our client, which constitute libel and slander.

As you may be aware, libel and slander are serious legal offenses that can result in significant financial and reputational harm to our client. Your statements have damaged our client's reputation, and we are now demanding that you immediately cease and desist from making any further false statements about our client.

We demand that you retract your defamatory statements immediately and issue a public apology to our client. You must provide our firm with a written assurance that you will refrain from making any further false statements about our client, that you will not repeat these false statements to anyone else, and that you will refrain from discussing any topics related to our client in the future.

If you fail to comply with our demands, our client may pursue legal action against you to protect its reputation and seek damages for the harm you have caused.

We strongly suggest that you consult with your own legal counsel regarding this matter, and that you comply with our demands to avoid any further legal action.

Sincerely,

Chet Silverstone

Silverstone & Sterling LLP

Just to clear up any confusion that is being spread by another poster:
  • RTQ was not involved in any capacity with the recruitment of a prospect - nor did it "match an offer" from another program. Collectives are not allowed to be pitching deals to prospects before they've signed & enrolled at a school. Both of these instances are against NCAA rules.
  • Coaching staffs around the country are allowed to tell prospects that they have NIL collectives in place - they are not allowed to offer $$ to recruits nor are they allowed to communicate to a collective how much a prospect "needs."
  • Our coaching staff(s) have not been as successful on the the recruiting front as they would have liked to be in the past because at those point in times, there was not a Collective in place. That is no longer the case. Our staff(s) no longer have to avoid answering that question.
  • Please do not take what has been said/shared before and twist it to fit a certain narrative.
Go Deacs!
With the people involved on the board, etc., obviously this is the closest (and maybe only) NIL linked to Wake. But if there's "no affiliation between the collective and Wake," who at Wake gets to decide that our staff now gets to say "we have a collective in place"?

Again, I know it's common sense because of the people and money involved. But if the previous attempt at a collective, Top Hat I believe, had been a success, without the involvement of Sutton, Shah, etc., would John Currie then have also greenlit coaches to say "we now have a collective in place"? Because that collective might not have been as cooperative with the athletic department about allocating money to the athletes.

Let’s put aside the fact that yes I do know something, albeit very little at this point, and think through it logically.

Insiders say weeks ago that Juke has a great relationship with Forbes and loves Wake but other schools are offering money. Then, Juke decides to take one final visit to Wake. Insiders then say Wake is in the lead, and a few in the know people on both boards, including literally RTQ itself several times, begin proudly commenting things such as “Wake isn’t losing the money battle anymore”. Last night, suddenly insiders say Tennessee is in the lead, then just as suddenly Wake retakes the lead, lands a commitment and RTQ tweets telling us about what great things it achieved. I’m no scientist but even without direct knowledge I think we can put our collective brainpower together and figure out what happened here. He liked Wake, but other schools offered money, Wake matched the money and took the lead, Tennessee upped their final offer, and Wake matched it. Congrats to Juke and our staff. I don’t hate the players, I hate the game.
Shut the fuck up

Sorry that was my mistake. I think he will be around although I don't see him getting a lot of playing time with this roter
I know you know your stuff, but I have a hard time believing Forbes is going to keep anyone around, regardless of position, if they can’t contribute in some meaningful way. There are a lot of CGs in the portal…feel like we would have told Jao to be moving on at this point if the staff didn’t feel like he could produce. The fact that he’s still here indicates that they think he can. Put me in that camp as well.

I know you know your stuff, but I have a hard time believing Forbes is going to keep anyone around, regardless of position, if they can’t contribute in some meaningful way. There are a lot of CGs in the portal…feel like we would have told Jao to be moving on at this point if the staff didn’t feel like he could produce. The fact that he’s still here indicates that they think he can. Put me in that camp as well.
As someone that doesn't know his stuff at all, it would feel like a strange move to sign Jao in the portal just to move him on again before he's even had a chance to actually prove what he can do on the court. All I remember hearing before the season was that Jao was showing a lot of promise in practice/the "secret" scrimmage so I'm sure the coaching staff would like to see if he can fully recover from his injury and contribute as opposed to just forcing him out the door for the sake of it. Obviously if Jao decided for himself that he didn't want to be at Wake then that's a different matter but I haven't seen anything to suggest that that's the case?

A lot of the congestedness outlined by sportsnut is the year after next. I would imagine if Ituka does not get the playing time he wants this year (which would be indicative of performance), he would move on himself after year end conversations with Forbes. It will take care of itself.

Next year, we have Boopie, Cam, Ituka, Friedrichsen, and Clark. With two being freshman, that’s not a log jam at all. Especially because Forbes has not shown any hesitation at all in playing a 3 guard lineup (also assuming the 3rd would be Cam or a 6’6” Clark)

Being a Debbie downer here, but there are a lot of Juke’s games on YouTube. Most recruits just have a highlight video or two. I’m sure the recruiting experts have good reason to rank Juke so highly, but some of his high school game video isn’t that impressive. His AAU film is much better. I assume a lot of talented high school players pick it up a notch against better competition.

Last edited:
With the people involved on the board, etc., obviously this is the closest (and maybe only) NIL linked to Wake. But if there's "no affiliation between the collective and Wake," who at Wake gets to decide that our staff now gets to say "we have a collective in place"?

Again, I know it's common sense because of the people and money involved. But if the previous attempt at a collective, Top Hat I believe, had been a success, without the involvement of Sutton, Shah, etc., would John Currie then have also greenlit coaches to say "we now have a collective in place"? Because that collective might not have been as cooperative with the athletic department about allocating money to the athletes.
Not trying to speak for them but the distinction (at least from my conversations with people in the NIL space) goes like this:

It’s not “affiliated” because the coaches/AD etc aren’t directly saying “hey we want the funds to go to XYZ player or even this strategy” it’s independent of the university and the people that are employed by it. They’re the deciders of where the money goes and how its divvied up(outside of people who earmark it for specific sports) but for specific college athletes that discretion is up to RTQ. John Currie can and has endorsed it as a collective that helps Wake Forest athletes, Forbes and Clawson can now say there’s something in place, but they have no say in how it operates. Does that make sense?

I'm kind of surprised Clark isn't discussed more. He's a 4 star recruit with good size. What's the deal?
He was out in the spring due to an injury and just got back on the court in late November from what I recall. Seems like a quality player. Good size and shooting ability plus seems to understand the game well from scouting reports. Not sure how much he will really contribute next year but seems like a solid addition for sure.

I'm kind of surprised Clark isn't discussed more. He's a 4 star recruit with good size. What's the deal?
Gotta work back from that injury. Missed a good amount of time and looked good but he’s gotta work back to where he was pre injury

Do we know anything about Bryson Cokley ('24)? Doesn't appear he's ranked yet but not sure how early it is for 2024 evaluations.

Do we know anything about Bryson Cokley ('24)? Doesn't appear he's ranked yet but not sure how early it is for 2024 evaluations.
Honestly I had never heard of him until I read an article about Juke. And like you said, there isn't much info on him on the recruituing sites of there than home town

Back