• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting Thread

Wasn't Stefan Jankovic the name of the WV kid that Tom Cruise played in 'All The Right Moves'? Oh, and I love the double diamond earrings he's sporting.

Wasn't Stefan Jankovic the name of the WV kid that Tom Cruise played in 'All The Right Moves'? Oh, and I love the double diamond earrings he's sporting.

Stefen Djordjevic was the main character in All the Right Moves and he was from PA (same as Jankovic).

Any news on that mysterious PF that transferred out of a Big 12 school that Buzz mentioned in one of his coach's shows? Kid is apparently a Juco now, so would be able to play next season if I understand the NCAA rules correctly. Which I probably don't.

Last year a PF from Oklahoma State withdrew and was talking about us as a possibility. He wanted to be nearer to his child or some such. Don't recall where he ended up, other than it wasn't a power conference program. It could be him. Couldn't find the name for the life of me.

TheRecruitScoop
2012 SG Je'lon Hornbeak of Grace Prep (TX) really likes Wake Forest at the moment.

Don't understand why we would be pursuing more guards. As of right now this is what the 2012-2013 roster will look like:

CJ Harris (G)
Ari Stewart (F)
Tony Chennault (G)
JT Terrell (G)
Travis McKie (F)
Melvin Tabb (F)
Carson DesRosiers (C/F)
Chase Fischer (G)
Anthony Fields (G)
Daniel Green (F)
Aaron Rountree (F)
Codi Miller-McIntyre (G)

That's 12 players total, 6 being guards and 3 being small forwards, assuming Melvin and Ari stay around of course. So that leaves us 3 players for the most foul prone and high risk positions. Unless the decisions have been made that Ari and Melvin aren't coming back then we absolutely need that last spot to go to a big man.

Looks more and more like [Redacted]'s plan is for a 3 guard line-up with McKie being the starting power forward.

If what I have heard is true, the staff is already giving away an extra scholarship for the 2012 class.

If what I have heard is true, the staff is already giving away an extra scholarship for the 2012 class.

Meaning they have 2 more players poised to accept an offer?

Don't want names, but do you have positions?

What I meant is the coaching staff is planning on moving on without one of the players on the team currently.

I don't want to step on toes. But I would be absolutely shocked if Ari was back next season from what I've heard.

Even if he called me a "punk ass" on twitter. Much love, Ari! I don't blame you, I blame the lack of a coach you had to put up with!

What I meant is the coaching staff is planning on moving on without one of the players on the team currently.

Gotcha, misunderstood. Even if it is a G/SF type player (and I rather suspect that it is) I would really rather us being recruiting nothing but big men at this point.

I don't want to step on toes. But I would be absolutely shocked if Ari was back next season from what I've heard.

Even if he called me a "punk ass" on twitter. Much love, Ari! I don't blame you, I blame the lack of a coach you had to put up with!

Haven't heard anything particular, but it isn't looking good.

In contrast, I have heard Tabb is working hard to get back on the team.

lol if he was suspended for academics then how is that the coaching staff's fault.

Spare me the "it's their job to look out for the players" routine. I understand that. ;)

The Tabb situation is more promising. But it is a roller coaster relationship from what I've been told.

Don't expect it to go long without another bashing of heads.

Haven't heard anything particular, but it isn't looking good.

In contrast, I have heard Tabb is working hard to get back on the team.

I'm definitely not expecting Ari back. Good to hear that Tabb wants to be back and is working at it.

lol if he was suspended for academics then how is that the coaching staff's fault.

Spare me the "it's their job to look out for the players" routine. I understand that. ;)

Use your brain, son.

Suspended for "academics" over Spring Break? Add that up logically.

Did we ever hear the academics thing from somewhere official?

To me the timing doesn't compute for that, unless he simply wasn't going to class.

Back