• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Bowl Game Survey

Pretty poor survey without asking where people live or their post-Christmas location. Charlotte and Nashville are possible because we'll probably be in NC anyway.

There would be no need to set up a travel package for Charlotte or Nashville, and the Sun Bowl is highly unlikely.

I wouldn't go on that described junket to Shreveport if it were free. It just sounds awful.

$1400 per person to spend 1 night in Shreveport. Whew. You've got to be a really big fucking fan of Wake Forest football to make that trip.

Literally no one will go that isn't in driving distance. And how many Wake people spend the holidays in Mississippi, Louisiana, or Southeast Texas?

Zero. That's how many.

$1400 per person to spend 1 night in Shreveport. Whew. You've got to be a really big fucking fan of Wake Forest football to make that trip.

Agreed.

Just very rough math here with total ball-parked numbers...

$100 - bowl ticket
$200 - hotel room (1 night)
$150 - tips / ground transportation
$100 - buffet, food incidental charges.

An airline ticket is almost $800/person to Shreveport?!?!

I mean, you're definitely paying a premium for the convenience of having it all organized for you. That makes sense. I don't think the price is unreasonable for what you're getting, I just can't imagine paying $3000 for my wife and I to go to what is basically a meaningless exhibition game and spend a single night in Shreveport.

All that said, God bless the Wake fans who do choose to spend the money and attend that game.

I think you're spending about $1,000 to not have to spend a 2nd night in Shreveport.

I would like to know how a bowl game in Shreveport ever came to pass in the first place. Is there some really rich Shreveport dude who has made it possible for the Independence Bowl to last all these years? Population-wise, Shreveport is on par with Fayetteville, NC.

Yeah the biggest crime isn't that we're going to Shreveport, it's that anybody has to. It has to be the shittiest bowl destination. Hell I'd rather go to Canada and play in the International Bowl than play in this shit. The ACC should cut ties as well, why are we even pretending to care about that. Tell Shreveport to shove it and we'll get ties with another bowl that isn't complete garbage.

Yeah the biggest crime isn't that we're going to Shreveport, it's that anybody has to. It has to be the shittiest bowl destination. Hell I'd rather go to Canada and play in the International Bowl than play in this shit. The ACC should cut ties as well, why are we even pretending to care about that. Tell Shreveport to shove it and we'll get ties with another bowl that isn't complete garbage.

This plus infinity.

Isn't the International Bowl in Toronto? I mean, I've never been, but that's supposed to be a great place to visit. It's not close by, but its a helluva lot more fun than Shitport Bumfuck Louisiana.

This plus infinity.

Isn't the International Bowl in Toronto? I mean, I've never been, but that's supposed to be a great place to visit. It's not close by, but its a helluva lot more fun than Shitport Bumfuck Louisiana.

I'm pretty sure the International Bowl lost it's license in the most recent bowl cycle, and was effectively replaced by the Big East by the Pinstripe Bowl.

shreveport bashers can go suck a big fat cock. it is the site of one of our greatest football comebacks of all time. Featured several future NFL All-Pros. it is sacred deacon football ground. easily our best bowl win ever. and anyone who has not been to a deacon bowl game there yet and is skipping this year ain't a true deacon fan. those of us who have been before have earned the right to miss this year's. the rest of you are just whiny bitches.

shreveport bashers can go suck a big fat cock. it is the site of one of our greatest football comebacks of all time. Featured several future NFL All-Pros. it is sacred deacon football ground. easily our best bowl win ever. and anyone who has not been to a deacon bowl game there yet and is skipping this year ain't a true deacon fan. those of us who have been before have earned the right to miss this year's. the rest of you are just whiny bitches.

I'm glad we won there 19 years ago, I don't wanna go there again to have the worst of our bowl appearances against a shitty MWC school.

Yeah the band profit is awesome, when we went to FSU three years ago for football we got 75 bucks for a day and a half trip. I think I spent like 20 of it on food and then had 55 bucks. I almost felt bad about it.

I still remember Cumberland's exact reaction "well that right there is not smart"

Per diem is awesome. At camp one year, we got like $300 in straight cash even though we had free room and board. Unfortunately, any underclassmen with meal plans got nothing. Lepley got so screwed hahaha.

Literally no one will go that isn't in driving distance. And how many Wake people spend the holidays in Mississippi, Louisiana, or Southeast Texas?

Zero. That's how many.

Ha, from Houston, it is just a short jaunt down the road.

LOL. If you want to pay for me and the mrs to go we'd love it. But no way in hell am I dropping $2,800.

The other downside/problem is with airfare right? Even if you wanna go from Charlotte or Raleigh don't you need to fly into somewhere and then drive to Shreveport? LOL at trying to figure that out the day after Christmas.

My dad had it right when he said "one good thing is in Louisiana and that's New Orleans, not going for anything else"

Back