• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ Bucknell - Game Thread

We might be decent once we get CMM and Crab back, even Rondale will help so we don't have to use walk one. We miss CMM's leadership in the backcourt bad.

Crawford is a big disappointment so far. Can't shoot and turns it over .

Well a minor blow out at the half -- double figure lead. Really sad that Wilbekin seems to be exactly the same this year as last year; no noticeable improvement. Dinos's shot doesn't seem to be falling. And again we have no credible 3-point game. How do these lesser programs like Bucknell find a team full of sharpshooters and we can't find a single one?

I was flipping back and forth. I didn't see McClinton at all. Has he lost his spot to walk-ons?

Terrible defense and very strange rotation. Beginning to think Manning is just a name and not a coach.

Again, these aren't sharpshooters. We just play awful defense. Most college basketball teams can shoot around 40% from 3 if you give them wide open shots all game.

CMM will make a huge difference. We need his presence on the court, hopefully Crawford will stop trying so hard because he thinks he needs to "do everything", and we can stop giving so many minutes to a walk on that is not helping us.

That's a pretty big net positive.

Weak substitution patterns by manning again. We were getting back in this thing and he benches Collins to put in a walk on.

To add insult to injury we get Roy's fat face and UNC highlights.

Teaching who? The walk-ons? It's not unheard of to have a 7 man rotation.

That's what I don't get either. The only thing I can come up with is Manning trying to enforce the "next man up" principles to the furthest extreme possible.

Otherwise, having two walk-ons out there, hurting us, doesn't make a ton of sense.

Our walk ons suck. They shoot on offense, miss, and then get beat in transition down the floor.

Teaching who? The walk-ons? It's not unheard of to have a 7 man rotation.

Manning is pulling guys and discussing plays that didn't go well. He doesn't seem overly concerned with who takes their place. Add in the foul trouble and we end up with lots of walk on minutes.

Honestly this is borderline tanking the game. Not sure what to think about it. I don't know if running our top 6 into the ground for a win against Bucknell in the first week of the season is worth it though.

Well a minor blow out at the half -- double figure lead. Really sad that Wilbekin seems to be exactly the same this year as last year; no noticeable improvement. Dinos's shot doesn't seem to be falling. And again we have no credible 3-point game. How do these lesser programs like Bucknell find a team full of sharpshooters and we can't find a single one?

Because the shooters on Bucknell would do terribly in the ACC because they 1. wouldn't be able to get them up and 2. wouldn't be able to guard anyone. These players are way worse than Chase Fish

ETA: Finding players that can shoot and be good at other things is harder.

Manning is pulling guys and discussing plays that didn't go well. He doesn't seem overly concerned with who takes their place. Add in the foul trouble and we end up with lots of walk on minutes.

Honestly this is borderline tanking the game. Not sure what to think about it. I don't know if running our top 6 into the ground for a win against Bucknell in the first week of the season is worth it though.

I think there is a good chance Manning is trying to win this game. But doesn't understand rotations and lineup mixes very well.

Lol, what the fuck?

So slow down tempo and make it work. I understand coaching opportunities but this is ridiculous.

Substitution patterns are fucked. McClinton and Dinos on the bench far too much.

Foul trouble? Who cares. We can play the walk-ons AFTER these guys foul out.

Just painful. We make a little run and then have one guy with any experience on the court.

Back