• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake.......Forest chant after 1st downs

off the edge here but when will our video controller/system allow for replays WHEN it counts?

just glad that we don't have that god awful mic man leading chants like when I was in school in the 90's. Here are a few I remember

Fumble, fumble, fumble fumble...take it Deacons take it.

Overwhelm, overwhelm, make them relinquish the ball.

Heeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy Hold'em Deacons Hold'em .

makes me cringe just thinking about it.

Which got converted to Daaaaaaaave Odom, Dave Odom by the 8 people in the stands for those games.

just glad that we don't have that god awful mic man leading chants like when I was in school in the 90's. Here are a few I remember

Hit'em again, hit'em again, harder, harder!

I think it is time to bring Fan Man back and have him roaming the sidelines.

I think it is time to bring Fan Man back and have him roaming the sidelines.

What is fan man. If it’s the dude that dressed like the deacon and lead cheers with the mic I’d be down for that. Very old school.

Oh man I remember those. The fumble cheer usually was more along the lines of "fumble - damnit Wake hold onto the ball!"

After each first down they should play 5 seconds of zombie nation. It's not played enough at BB&T Field.

Hit'em again, hit'em again, harder, harder!

Most, if not all, those cheers had a long life—from at least the late 70s. Apparently into the 90s (when I wasn’t there much).

I think one version went something like “repel them, repel them, make them relinquish the ball.”

With some fondness I remember those cheers.

Anyhow, pretty sure the “first down WAKE” [crowd] “FOREST” is new.

I think it’s fine.

I enjoy this one.
"Wake...." is kinda lame when nobody says anything

The beauty of it is it still works without the Forest. "First Down Wake!" can stand on it's own.

Personally I love it and hope it continues. There’s not enough energy in the stands as it is. I think it’s great and hope it keeps going. Was listening to the game on the radio and heard the fans doing this. Sounded good and I don’t really care if it sounds like State or UNC if it gets fans engaged and excited for a first down I’m all for it.

The beauty of it is it still works without the Forest. "First Down Wake!" can stand on it's own.

One thing working against this is the speed with which the team plays. If the first down isn't far from the previous line of scrimmage, the team is running the next play before the whole "first down, Wake.....FOREST" can be completed.

After each first down they should play 5 seconds of zombie nation. It's not played enough at BB&T Field.

YES!

We need more music from 1999 to show how relevant we are today! Great idea, IMO.

If we are going to steal something from another school it should be UF’s “Move back, you suck” chant when the other team gets a penalty.

I always thought during games whenever they do the spelling of "Deacon" that most fans don't seem to engage in that which baffles me. I always thought that if you had a decent contingent of fans spelling that out, it would sound really good. Maybe I'm just asking too much. As I said earlier, I like the "Forest" chant by the fans and will no doubt participate in that when I attend games. Thank God someone got something going.

Back