• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Ends Daytime MBA Program

Well the rankings are all over the place. Darden is #11 in US News and #4 in the economist.

Current part-time Kellogg student here. Even at a competitive program, hard to find financial justification for the full time route. From my personal experience it was a no-brainer when you factor in 2 yrs of lost salary, not to mention tuition reimbursement from an employer (even if it's a meager amount). As long as the program can sell you (and deliver) on the fact that you're getting the full time experience academically and via firm recruiting, then it's a very simple choice.

That said, I'd say there are plenty of non-financial reasons for going the full time route. Biggest one probably being if you want to re-live undergrad from a partying/travel standpoint - which to be fair, after 3-5 years in the professional world would've been pretty nice. But for a top 40ish program like Wake's, as many have noted there's no reason for students to do the full time route.

You serious, Clark?

Yes. It's been a while since I've been back to campus.

When I was a freshman (2001) Business and Math / CS occupied the same building. Then they started building an expansion on to that building and renamed it (I think to Manchester). Business occupied the new expansion and Math / CS took over the original building.

Back