• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Extends Contract for Baseball Head Coach Tom Walter

The extension and salary increase for Walter is well deserved. However, I have not seen any reference to increases for his staff. I certainly hope that the key staff members have also been rewarded for the team's success.

The extension and salary increase for Walter is well deserved. However, I have not seen any reference to increases for his staff. I certainly hope that the key staff members have also been rewarded for the team's success.
The Kentner announcement included language around some of the money was going to retaining staff. I'm sure Muscara (who was a candidate for the Penn State job) and Cilento both got a good bump in pay as well.

I'm not overly familiar with coaching contracts, but I was always under the impression that extending a coach's contract included bumps for their staff. I remember Grobe including it as part of his negotiation, but maybe it's up to the head coach's discretion.

I'm not overly familiar with coaching contracts, but I was always under the impression that extending a coach's contract included bumps for their staff. I remember Grobe including it as part of his negotiation, but maybe it's up to the head coach's discretion.
I mean it would be pretty shitty to just take a raise for yourself. I can’t imagine that ever happens

I mean it would be pretty shitty to just take a raise for yourself. I can’t imagine that ever happens
Seriously? There are some characters in the coaching game. I can absolutely imagine it happens. Is it common? Certainly not.

Back