• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

I love Thursday night games. Frees up Saturdays for the family so I don’t have to miss game days.

A difference from last year where our second game -- against conference foe BC no less -- was relegated to E3. Moving up in the world!

Though think I woulda taken E3 for a nice cool(er) 6:30 kick

TV times set for Towson at noon on the ACCN extra. BC (sept 13) and NCSU (nov 8) set for 7:30 on ESPN. Tulane is TBD on Aug 30th.

So noon Sat Sep 8, then 7:30 Thursday night , Sep 13, following. That is still pretty tough scheduling.

Not as bad as Home vs Cuse on Sat and at State on Thursday.

The Deacs can sleep in their own beds for both BC and NCSU games. It's nice that they don't leave the state for Sept. and Nov.

We should have 4 wins in September with a shot at 5. The key stretch is @FSU, @Lville, Cuse, and @State. Get two there and we're bowl eligible going into Pitt and @Duke.

BC has me worried too. The guys could be looking forward to ND and over look a team that was an easy win last year, before their young QB developed. I'm thinking that we'll go 4 of 5 to start and 4-0 to finish. That would send us to Nashville or El Paso.

Having a game on Thurs may explain why we're playing so early vs. Towson. Makes sense

BC has me worried too. The guys could be looking forward to ND and over look a team that was an easy win last year, before their young QB developed. I'm thinking that we'll go 4 of 5 to start and 4-0 to finish. That would send us to Nashville or El Paso.

So you've got us winning at State.

Here's a little exercise. To win 8 games, the following has to happen:

1. Win @Tulane, vs. Towson, vs. Rice
AND
2. Win vs. BC, vs. Cuse
AND
3. Win vs. Pitt, @Duke
AND
4. Win vs. ND OR
5. Win vs. Clemson OR
6. Win @FSU OR
7. Win @Lville OR
8. Win @State

Rank them by how likely you think they'll happen:
1. Win @Tulane, vs. Towson, vs. Rice
2. Win vs. BC, vs. Cuse
3. Win vs. Pitt, @Duke
7. Win @Lville
4. Win vs. ND
6. Win @FSU
8. Win @State
5. Win vs. Clemson

I like our chances of getting 8 wins but it will be very tough. We'll need to be clutch.

If Hinton can be as efficient as Wolford was last season late there may be 120 points scored in the game in Raleigh.

Speaking of State, hadn't yet realized the Panthers and Wake both play that night (Panthers @ PIT). That's a first

Well that sucks on one hand. I do have side by side TVs upstairs. Guess I can be a really good dad that weekend. In-laws house here we come!

I like Thursday games but at one time it WAS a big deal. Like years ago against BC. Now so many games are played it's not such a great national exposure, but i still like them.

it's not nearly as big of a deal now that NFL is on Thursdays

It’s still two games on ESPN in prime time against other bowl teams last year. I’ll take Thursday night over Saturday at noon for those games. I really wish the Tulane game was a Saturday though.

Tabari Hines going on a bit of a rant on his twitter page. Of course not sure who it’s specifically about, but it seems obviously football related about Wake players and/or coaches.

He sure seems like a self-absorbed drama queen. Doesn't seem like a good teammate or much of a team player.

Back