• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

Was just talking to a guy who knows Hinton very well. Apparently Hinton is a really, really good guy. I was a little cautious with expectations after his suspension, and possible attitude, etc., but after this conversation I'm feeling great about it. I full expect Hinton to respond and come in and kick some ass after BC. Really wish "good behavior" could knock the suspension down to 2 games.

Also, to add, the 3 game suspension, to me, was undeserving. I know we joke, but this would have been a 1 or 2 quarter suspension at most P5 schools.

Last edited:
I expect him to really put it in to overdrive this year; should be a real head-turner. We ain't seen nothin' yet.

I expect good things from so many WR that I don’t know who is going to see the field.

Was just talking to a guy who knows Hinton very well. Apparently Hinton is a really, really good guy. I was a little cautious with expectations after his suspension, and possible attitude, etc., but after this conversation I'm feeling great about it. I full expect Hinton to respond and come in and kicks some ass after BC. Really wish "good behavior" could knock the suspension down to 2 games.

Seems if that was going to happen, Clawson would announce it maybe two weeks before the start of the season.

Curious when he’s going to announce the starter for Tulane. Seems like it will be a Newman no-brainer at the beginning of camp or he will keep Tulane guessing until the depth chart comes out with an “or” on it.

Was just talking to a guy who knows Hinton very well. Apparently Hinton is a really, really good guy. I was a little cautious with expectations after his suspension, and possible attitude, etc., but after this conversation I'm feeling great about it. I full expect Hinton to respond and come in and kick some ass after BC. Really wish "good behavior" could knock the suspension down to 2 games.

Also, to add, the 3 game suspension, to me, was undeserving. I know we joke, but this would have been a 1 or 2 quarter suspension at most P5 schools.

We must trust the staff in situations like this. Clawson is still building the program as he wants it and thinks it should be. Discipline is a crucial component. Let him do what he thinks best.

We're fans. We're very much allowed to question the staff's decisions, despite being huge supporters of their team and program. Hopefully this decision doesn't end up costing us any wins. It certainly may.

Some have suggested Hinton did not show the same character and perseverance to make the most of his opportunity here but I say allow him the chance to prove the naysayers wrong. I see lots of positive upside all around. Yes, maybe Hinton opened the gate to be superseded by an upstart but only time will tell.

We're fans. We're very much allowed to question the staff's decisions, despite being huge supporters of their team and program. Hopefully this decision doesn't end up costing us any wins. It certainly may.

Coaching staffs are not infallible but questioning the staff's decisions without the knowledge they have is silly. The staff's decision to bench Hinton will not cost us wins, Hinton's decision will.

Coaching staffs are not infallible but questioning the staff's decisions without the knowledge they have is silly. The staff's decision to bench Hinton will not cost us wins, Hinton's decision will.

Include decisions he will make along with decisions he’s made in this calculus. Wake can win first three games with or without Hinton but because durability of QBs is never guaranteed I’m convinced he’s critical to greater success in the following 9 games.

I am inclined to go with Clawson on this. Unless you have Clawson's level of knowledge about what Hinton did, I would defer to Clawson as to whether "the punishment fits the crime."

Publicly all that has been said about Hinton's transgression is the standard "violation of team rules" with no further details. Because of the severity of the punishment, i would believe that whatever happened may have involved more than one poor decision.

Just saw on the Twittersphere that Kelijiha Brown left the team. Kind of odd. Early enrollee in spring to no longer on the squad.

Back