• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

They have decent coverage of Wake, but nothing like you’ll get from Wake-specific sites. They have fantastic overall ACC coverage though so I think it’s worth it.

Yeah. That they have coverage of Wake at all is a plus. The site is still in the early stages. Quality long form pieces about Wake would be icing to the information we get from Les and Conor.

But again, I was pretty sold on The Athletic from their non-Wake stuff. The $2.50/month intro deal is pretty good.

This is my photo of Greg hitting the pylon. I remember that he hesitated to get on his feet after the TD and I thought that he just had the wind knocked out of him. I had no idea that he was hurt so badly. It's astounding that he kept playing and scored two more TDs. It will be a special treat to see him back in action Thursday night.

Greg%20Dortch%20dives%20for%20pylon%20TD%2002-L.jpg
Hopefully Greg has a framed blowup of this photo for his room and future sports den. That is so dramatic and such a monumental moment in his career, besides just being a phenomenal action shot.

More olds quoting a bunch of really, really big photos, please !

Pretty sad that no one has started one of those lookalike threads.

Yeah. That they have coverage of Wake at all is a plus. The site is still in the early stages. Quality long form pieces about Wake would be icing to the information we get from Les and Conor.

But again, I was pretty sold on The Athletic from their non-Wake stuff. The $2.50/month intro deal is pretty good.

where are you seeing a $2.50 intro deal? I saw a $3.99 deal with the launch of the new Carolina vertical from them.

I wonder if this will impact Greg's willingness to dive for the pylon in the future should that be necessary.

I wonder if this will impact Greg's willingness to dive for the pylon in the future should that be necessary.

Remember, he also dove earlier in the game for what was originally ruled a TD and then overruled when replay showed he lost control of the ball about 2 inches from the goal line.

So what time did the team take-off today and anyone know where they're staying in NOLA ?

Also Bob....have any pics of the fancy Wake football 18-wheeler ? Last time I saw it was at BC's Alumni Stadium last year. It probably left for Tulane's campus/stadium yesterday....thanks.

Last edited:
That truck looks pretty awesome.

Imagine the first time Dortch is running for the pylon. We and his parents will be holding our collective breath but he will be pursuing it with reckless abandon.

Back