• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

I thought non conference games were to be with in state opponents, but apparently that is only for road games? Odd we keep the ODU game but cancel the App game. Maybe a reflection of the difficulty of Wake's schedule.

I thought non conference games were to be with in state opponents, but apparently that is only for road games? Odd we keep the ODU game but cancel the App game. Maybe a reflection of the difficulty of Wake's schedule.

The stipulation is that they have to played in the state against a team adhering to ACC's COVID-19 testing and prevention protocols (which is shocking that Liberty is on three teams' schedules, but that's not pertinent here).

It was never "you have to play a team from same state as the ACC school."

5/6 at home to open the season and then 4/5 on the road is just a joke. It really shouldn't be that hard to more evenly space those. Seems to happen to Wake more often than not.

5/6 at home to open the season and then 4/5 on the road is just a joke. It really shouldn't be that hard to more evenly space those. Seems to happen to Wake more often than not.

Sure, but it bothers me less this year because the lessened effect of home field advantage and the fact that some of those trips are short. But in general I'm just annoyed that we got ssigned one of the hardest schedules. That's so predictable.

Season ain’t lasting past October so doesn’t really matter.

Wish we could get three October home games in a normal year. That’s the best weather for tailgating.

Sure, but it bothers me less this year because the lessened effect of home field advantage and the fact that some of those trips are short. But in general I'm just annoyed that we got ssigned one of the hardest schedules. That's so predictable.

I'm upset we didn't replace ODU with App. This would've made for an all-time boss level schedule. Even so, it'll be hard pressed to find a tougher schedule than ours this season. Having said all that I still don't think it even matters because football won't happen this fall.

Our schedule is especially ridiculous compared to Duke, State, and UNC. It's absolute garbage. On the other hand, I'm glad we get to defend our state championship and play all three, and I also like the bye before UNC.

Our schedule is especially ridiculous compared to Duke, State, and UNC. It's absolute garbage. On the other hand, I'm glad we get to defend our state championship and play all three, and I also like the bye before UNC.

Playing Clemson first could be good that they are not sharp. The downside is we suffer injuries in our first game and then get rolled the rest of the season.

ALL ON THE ROAD. this could be the most ridiculous schedule ive ever seen. Are we being punished for something? (double secret probation?)

ALL ON THE ROAD. this could be the most ridiculous schedule ive ever seen. Are we being punished for something? (double secret probation?)

I mean, we had all three at home last year. So having all three on the road the next year makes sense.

The most LOWF thing ever would be to upset Clemson as a 30 point dog and then have the season end

Yes it would.

In general I think we have to expect to get jobbed a bit because of who we are. We get punished just for being WFU. The one consolation I will take if the season is cancelled is that we avoided one of the hardest schedules we have had in ages. That would be so un-LOWF.

Love getting Clemson early. For the last couple years, we've looked really strong early on before waning over the season with injuries etc. Not at all saying we won't get thumped by Clemson at full strength, just that it's a more interesting matchup that I rarely get to see.

Big fan of having Clemson first, should limit our loss to only 25 points, not 45

That being said Kern better get ready to play Week 2

Love getting Clemson early. For the last couple years, we've looked really strong early on before waning over the season with injuries etc. Not at all saying we won't get thumped by Clemson at full strength, just that it's a more interesting matchup that I rarely get to see.

Yeah, I love Sage and Boogie getting a chance to go against them in week one, when Sage and Boogie are healthy, and when we have the greatest likelihood of playing a game

Back