• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

seeing some #appstatebutthurt on Twitter about not getting to play their Super Bowl this year

I don't buy that Clemson early is good for us

when players on both sides are less sharp, superior athleticism matters more

assuming we run the same offensive scheme, Deacs definitely would benefit from increased reps before facing a team like Clemson

Love getting Clemson early. For the last couple years, we've looked really strong early on before waning over the season with injuries etc. Not at all saying we won't get thumped by Clemson at full strength, just that it's a more interesting matchup that I rarely get to see.

We're going to get crushed no matter when we play them, but disagree on this. Three of the last four years we had to squeak out wins against Tulane and Utah State in the openers. Dabo will name the score in week one.

Big fan of having Clemson first, should limit our loss to only 25 points, not 45

That being said Kern better get ready to play Week 2

Right, the concern is you get beat up week one and it impacts winnable games thereafter.

ALL ON THE ROAD. this could be the most ridiculous schedule ive ever seen. Are we being punished for something? (double secret probation?)

Wake is being punished for winning the North Carolina championship.

I think we will often benefit from a minimal crowd size in the stadiums—A lack of Clemson fans at home in the first game, and hopefully a very favorable small crowd in Raleigh for the State game — Carter Finley is an underrated difficult place to play.

I think we will often benefit from a minimal crowd size in the stadiums—A lack of Clemson fans at home in the first game, and hopefully a very favorable small crowd in Raleigh for the State game — Carter Finley is an underrated difficult place to play.

I think the game v State is one of the more winnable games this season. I would not think that if fans were going to be present.

Yeah, State's on a four-game losing streak there.

Three actually, losses to Clemson, Louiville, and the Heels. And State was terrible last year. Crowd doesn't make much difference when the game is out of hand early.

I hope that I'm wrong and probably will be. But 5-6 wins with that schedule will be a very respectable year.

I hope that I'm wrong and probably will be. But 5-6 wins with that schedule will be a very respectable year.

I'm in the same boat. Brutal schedule and it's ridiculous that it's that front loaded with home games and back loaded with road games. I think we were back loaded with road games last year too.

I don't buy that Clemson early is good for us

when players on both sides are less sharp, superior athleticism matters more

assuming we run the same offensive scheme, Deacs definitely would benefit from increased reps before facing a team like Clemson

I mean, we lose to them when we play them in the middle or at the end of the season, so at least this is a new approach. Players are bound to be more unfocused than normal because of the surreal environment so maybe our coaches can try to focus on gaining some kind of mental edge. (I’m searching here...)

I'm all for playing Clemson Week 1. Just get it out of the way and move forward. We'll get some great TV for it to showcase Sage and Boogie. Our players will stay hyped for it. There's no benefit to playing it later. Clemson would still be tough if half the team was out for COVID.

It’s definitely the best ACC game of week 1. Wonder what TV slot that will give us.

It’s definitely the best ACC game of week 1. Wonder what TV slot that will give us.

Week 1 vs. the #1 team in the nation. The season may not even last that long. Every reason to go all out.

Back