• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

Thanks for the input. I appreciate all the work you do in these ridiculous times.

You know whats crazy... Sam Hartman has 2,800 career passing yards and 20 career TD's and he could be our starting QB for the next FOUR years. If he stays healthy and actually stays at WFU for all 6 years, he could own very Wake Passing record in the book.

Yeah, it wasn't until I watched Clawson's press conference that I realized the impact of the NCAA's decision to not count this season toward eligibility and allowing schools to exceed the 85 scholarship limit (or not count those players staying an extra year toward that limit). Clawson acknowledged that it's not going to happen, but Boogie Basham, and every 4th and 5th year senior, is now eligible to play for WF next year. True freshman that play in more than four games this year; will still be freshman next year. Jamie Newman could transfer again next year to Texas. Next football off-season is going to be crazy as rosters are going to have six years of recruits, and won't be bound by the 85 scholarship limit.

If we end up playing the season as currently scheduled it going to wreck havoc on the bowl selection. Will anyone even remember any of the ACC teams (besides Clemson) come bowl selection time?

If we end up playing the season as currently scheduled it going to wreck havoc on the bowl selection. Will anyone even remember any of the ACC teams (besides Clemson) come bowl selection time?

With so few teams to choose from, I would think that most ACC teams would get a bowl bid, even with losing records. Otherwise, there will be a lot of canceled bowl games, which I also expect.
How many bowl spots do the B10 and PAC12 usually get? How would these bowls fill their spots?
Another huge challenge for bowls is travel. If teams are only playing in conference geographies now, I doubt they will travel across the country for a bowl game. Same for fans.
We’ll see.

Posted earlier: Jerry Palms bowl projections have GT and Vandy going winless and meeting in the Birmingham Bowl

Posted earlier: Jerry Palms bowl projections have GT and Vandy going winless and meeting in the Birmingham Bowl

If that happens, it will likely be a feat that will never be duplicated.

What do we think game time will be for opener vs Tigers?

When is it formally announced?

For your time in waiting-viewing pleasure, Wake at UNC 1989....Ricky Proehl, Tommy Thigpen, Mack Brown vs ex-UNC coach Bill Dooley. It would take 3 more seasons for Dooley to get us to a bowl, but a great coach for us who retired too soon. He was poised to keep the program going IMHO.

https://youtu.be/EpiZ9ajN-2k

officially no fans for opener vs. Clemson and game at NC State

no official word on ND game in Charlotte...yet

Piped in crowd noise is allowed for all ACC venues.

officially no fans for opener vs. Clemson and game at NC State

no official word on ND game in Charlotte...yet

Wake doing cardboard cutouts of fans like many baseball teams are doing. "Demon Deaclones." Might make that "Virtual Season Ticket" of more interest if that was included. Your picture would be in the stands, as well as you getting more "insider access."

ETA:

If they really want to go with virtual fan experience, stick a mini-cam on your cutout and stream it direct to you during the game.

Last edited:
Looks like some game times are trickling out. Duke-ND is at 2:30.

Back