• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

Never too early for NCAAF Bowl projections!

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Jerry Palm has the Deacs in Tampa (party at PhDeac's palace!) playing South Florida in the Gasparilla Bowl.

Not going out on a limb, Palm picks the following BCS matchups:

- Bama v. OK (haven't we seen this about 100 times?)
- Clemson v. UGA

Overrated UNC in the Orange Bowl
ND in the Cotton Bowl

FWIW, that would be a lot bowl revenue for the ACC...

With the conferences that have called off the season, unless the bowl games are drastically reduced, you'd have to be absolute crap to not make a bowl game this season.

Never too early for NCAAF Bowl projections!

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Jerry Palm has the Deacs in Tampa (party at PhDeac's palace!) playing South Florida in the Gasparilla Bowl.

Not going out on a limb, Palm picks the following BCS matchups:

- Bama v. OK (haven't we seen this about 100 times?)
- Clemson v. UGA

Overrated UNC in the Orange Bowl
ND in the Cotton Bowl

FWIW, that would be a lot bowl revenue for the ACC...

Palm predicts Vandy and GT will go winless...and face each other in the Birmingham Bowl on Jan 2

Two other teams I project to be winless are Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech, though they get spots due to the APR tiebreaker.

5c1eec41f37b2.image.jpg

Campbell is coached by former Panther DB Mike Minter. They have two former Deacs on their roster:

- CB Malik Grate
- OL Mike Edwards (who was big time recruit for WF out of HS)

It currently appears that Campbell will play a 4 game schedule this year. The WF game on October 9 is the finale for the Camels.

I still don’t believe we are really and truly playing. I keep waiting for the shoe to drop and to be honest won’t believe it until the first actual kickoff. Just still seems unlikely to me but looks like this train is still on the tracks.

I still don’t believe we are really and truly playing. I keep waiting for the shoe to drop and to be honest won’t believe it until the first actual kickoff. Just still seems unlikely to me but looks like this train is still on the tracks.

Same for me, and I still don't buy that the season gets finished, even if they do start it.

Campbell is coached by former Panther DB Mike Minter. They have two former Deacs on their roster:

- CB Malik Grate
- OL Mike Edwards (who was big time recruit for WF out of HS)

The Fighting Camels!

Big deal for Campbell, their first P5 opponent (and only second FBS opponent) since transitioning to offering schollys just a few years ago

Big deal for Campbell, their first P5 opponent (and only second FBS opponent) since transitioning to offering schollys just a few years ago

By the time they play (if all goes according to schedule), Wake will be their fifth FBS opponent.

Coach seems more encouraged than I would expect given the mega questions at WR and the DB positions.

I'm not surprised he's encouraged, but I don't exactly share his optimism. Though he did say if we were at practices, we'd see there's not as much of a need to sound the alarms at WR.

Alas.

Back