• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

Just really sucks that two of the most talented Wake receivers I've ever witnessed in Dortch and Surratt will finish their careers having played a total of only 20 and 19 games respectively. Really really really sucks.

Was thinking the same thing. Loved watching both those guys play. Wonder if this will cause Clawson to rethink some of his redshirting philosophy as more of his recruits leave early to play in the NFL.

Fuck this year so much.

I'm not as disappointed by Sage's decision because I've been convinced for a while now that we're not playing football this fall. I just don't see how that happens. The schools are going to all experience breakouts, like UNC did immediately, and the teams will too. If we do somehow get a few games in, it's not going to be a meaningful season.

Man. Can’t express how bummed I am to not have gotten to watch Sage play one more year.

Should've said unsurprising rather than expected. Was hoping it wouldn't happen, but can't blame him one bit.

Too many potential NFL dollars at stake to risk getting Covid and being permanently unable to play because of heart issues like happened with the guys in Ohio.

In my mind, if they somehow play 10 games, this takes our projected win total from like 5.5 to 4. He's that important and, outside of Greene, there will be that big a drop off. We could absorb a Boogie opt out more easily, due to some proven depth on the DL (especially DT).

In my mind, if they somehow play 10 games, this takes our projected win total from like 5.5 to 4. He's that important and, outside of Greene, there will be that big a drop off. We could absorb a Boogie opt out more easily, due to some proven depth on the DL (especially DT).

Yeah, those that expected a drop-off in WF football this season failed to realize how dominant Sage Surratt was last year when he played.

When WF played at VT on Nov. 9, WF was 7-1 (and in the one loss, WF scored 59 points). Surratt exited the VT game late in third quarter with the game in doubt (WF trailed 20-17 - Surratt had 2 TDs). With Surratt out, WF lost to VT 36-17, and then lost 3 of the next 4, including tight games to Cuse and Michigan State; fair to think that Surratt could've/would've been the difference in both of those games. Really think WF goes 10-3 in 2019 if Surratt had not been injured.

Surratt would've been only better this year. Just devastating to the WF offense that WF won't be available. Other than Clemson, no ACC team had three weapons on offense like Surratt, Walker and Greene. Felt like WF was going to light up the scoreboard this year. Bummer.

Just cancel the whole thing. I don't want to watch Wake get their asses kicked because the best players aren't on the field.

Did his brother at UNC-CH opt out also?
Was Sage expected to be fully recovered from his injury?

Apparently he's still playing. Given that they're projected to be drafted in relatively similar spots, and there's already been a massive outbreak at UNC, this pisses me off.

Just really sucks that two of the most talented Wake receivers I've ever witnessed in Dortch and Surratt will finish their careers having played a total of only 20 and 19 games respectively. Really really really sucks.

Was thinking the same thing. Loved watching both those guys play. Wonder if this will cause Clawson to rethink some of his redshirting philosophy as more of his recruits leave early to play in the NFL.

Yep. Especially because we saved Greene so he'd only get 4 games and there's a chance he only plays at most two seasons. I doubt he'll play four more regardless of what happens with this season. I think Greene has a chance to be up there with Sage.

Never had a game when Greene and Surratt played at the same time. Was really looking forward to that. Would've been a nightmare for opposing DCs.

Apparently he's still playing. Given that they're projected to be drafted in relatively similar spots, and there's already been a massive outbreak at UNC, this pisses me off.

Surrat's brother is projected as high as Sage?

had no idea

"That's life."

And yes, it's ridiculous to suffer through years of Caldwell, and a few bad years at the end of Grobe/Clawson everyone cheated and stole playbook years and now finally...we are in a position to do some things...with a GREAT defense (minus maybe CB) and....this shit happens.

And top it off with, if we do play games, we get the absolute SHIT schedule comparatively. YAYYYYYYYYYYY......

Back