• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

Next man up! It would have been fun to watch Sage play another year at Wake but now we will have to wait to watch him play in the NFL.

Well you just knew that having 2 first round draft pick caliber guys come back to school was too good to be true. I do look forward to seeing Greene emerge as the #1 guy though.

Apparently he's still playing. Given that they're projected to be drafted in relatively similar spots, and there's already been a massive outbreak at UNC, this pisses me off.

I had no idea former QB now LB Surratt was a legit NFL prospect.

"That's life."

And yes, it's ridiculous to suffer through years of Caldwell, and a few bad years at the end of Grobe/Clawson everyone cheated and stole playbook years and now finally...we are in a position to do some things...with a GREAT defense (minus maybe CB) and....this shit happens.

And top it off with, if we do play games, we get the absolute SHIT schedule comparatively. YAYYYYYYYYYYY......

The schedule thing drives me crazy too, although my consolation is that we probably won’t play it.

But the missing good players factor is for me negated by the fact that this will happen to a lot of schools. That’s not a Wake Forest thing. Good players who are smart will sit out all across the conference.

If anything I’m just elated that we have such amazing players whom we will be miss. Let’s bring more of those in for the post-COVID era.

The schedule thing drives me crazy too, although my consolation is that we probably won’t play it.

But the missing good players factor is for me negated by the fact that this will happen to a lot of schools. That’s not a Wake Forest thing. Good players who are smart will sit out all across the conference.

If anything I’m just elated that we have such amazing players whom we will be miss. Let’s bring more of those in for the post-COVID era.

Not true for Trevor Lawrence...#1 QB and college player, likely.

He called Trump and said, "Let us have a season!"

Of course Sage is graduating with a degree in economics too. What a stud.

Dont know where else to put this, Kevin Johnson lacerated his liver when he fell on a teammate during practice for the Browns on Wednesday. Sounds similar to the Dortch injury, but I dont think its as serious.

Not nearly as bad as the stuff I do to my liver.

Attempting to preserve your liver with copious quantities of ethanol has been proven to be ineffective over many centuries and millions of individuals.

The ACC is still planning to play this fall and other conferences are delaying until spring. If the ACC pulls the plug on Fall ball at the last minute and delays until spring they've enjoyed a couple of months of extra practice time, correct? I assume if a conference is delaying that means they are also not practicing right now, correct? Come spring time would the ACC be awarded practice start up at the same time as the other conference that delayed but are not currently practicing?

I think Surratts is doing the right thing. He is sure to be either a first or second rounder.

The ACC is still planning to play this fall and other conferences are delaying until spring. If the ACC pulls the plug on Fall ball at the last minute and delays until spring they've enjoyed a couple of months of extra practice time, correct? I assume if a conference is delaying that means they are also not practicing right now, correct? Come spring time would the ACC be awarded practice start up at the same time as the other conference that delayed but are not currently practicing?

B1G just put out a rule where teams can practice up to 12 hours a week.

B1G just put out a rule where teams can practice up to 12 hours a week.

I believe the breakdown for the Big 10 for the 12 a hours a week was:

- 5 hours on the field with no pads
- 7 hours of organized strength and conditioning

Last edited:
I believe the breakdown for the Big 10 for the 12 a hours a week was:

- 5 hours on the field with no pads
- 7 hours of organized strength and conditions

Has the ACC come out with a breakdown yet? Just wondering how many hours Clemson gets a week for slide and putt-putt time?

Never too early for NCAAF Bowl projections!

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Jerry Palm has the Deacs in Tampa (party at PhDeac's palace!) playing South Florida in the Gasparilla Bowl.

Not going out on a limb, Palm picks the following BCS matchups:

- Bama v. OK (haven't we seen this about 100 times?)
- Clemson v. UGA

Overrated UNC in the Orange Bowl
ND in the Cotton Bowl

FWIW, that would be a lot bowl revenue for the ACC...

Back