• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Preseason Thread

Delaware is all upbeat about their season. One reason is return of a really good running back, Wes Hills. He didn't play last season, as he was injured in the first game last year. He will be a red shirt junior, with 25 games played and over 1100 yards with a 5.7 YPC. He is 6-2, 215. He was the strength and conditioning male athlete of the year. They also have another senior, RB Jalen Randolph, returning from injury who is near top 50 all time in total yards at DE. So quite a bit of added firepower at the running back spot over what they had most of last year.

Delaware is usually a one-back set team, but they are trying some two back sets and direct snap to running back plays this season because of the strength at RB.

Delaware is all upbeat about their season. One reason is return of a really good running back, Wes Hills. He didn't play last season, as he was injured in the first game last year. He will be a red shirt junior, with 25 games played and over 1100 yards with a 5.7 YPC. He is 6-2, 215. He was the strength and conditioning male athlete of the year. They also have another senior, RB Jalen Randolph, returning from injury who is near top 50 all time in total yards at DE. So quite a bit of added firepower at the running back spot over what they had most of last year.

Delaware is usually a one-back set team, but they are trying some two back sets and direct snap to running back plays this season because of the strength at RB.

They're not an option team too are they?

Don't think so.

We obviously got "unlucky" with Tulane hiring an option coach, as there was no way we knew that when we scheduled them.

Don't think so.

We obviously got "unlucky" with Tulane hiring an option coach, as there was no way we knew that when we scheduled them.

Tulane has owed us a trip to Winston since 1995 when we played there, finally going to happen Thursday night.

They're not an option team too are they?

Delaware used to run the "Delaware wing-T" which was an option offense, but with wing back. With the more recent coaches they have tried to run more of a pro set one back offense. The article I read was noting that they might get away from that some, but not going so far as to go full option.

Off the Tulane subject, but I noticed that Justin Herron got a vote for the Pre-Season All-ACC team. Glad we didn't get shutout for votes on the Offensive Line.

BTW, the game notes are now available: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...o_pdf/2016-17/release/release_20160830aaa.pdf

Al Groh doing color. OK.

"Freshman Cade Carney is expected to be the first true freshman running back for Wake Forest in at least the past 65 years"

I assume they meant to say that Carney is expected to be the first true freshman to start the season opener. It's correct on the 2nd page.

Al Groh doing color. OK.

"Freshman Cade Carney is expected to be the first true freshman running back for Wake Forest in at least the past 65 years"

I assume they meant to say that Carney is expected to be the first true freshman to start the season opener.

Al gonna be back in the house!

Delaware used to run the "Delaware wing-T" which was an option offense, but with wing back. With the more recent coaches they have tried to run more of a pro set one back offense. The article I read was noting that they might get away from that some, but not going so far as to go full option.

Most of my HS coaches played at U of D and we ran the Wing T. It was a great running offense that relied a lot on counters, traps and pulling linemen. The D also dominate small college football for many years, mostly under coach Tubby Raymond.
It's a shame the Blue Hens aren't near what they used to be.
Wake will win comfortably.

Most of my HS coaches played at U of D and we ran the Wing T. It was a great running offense that relied a lot on counters, traps and pulling linemen. The D also dominate small college football for many years, mostly under coach Tubby Raymond.
It's a shame the Blue Hens aren't near what they used to be.
Wake will win comfortably.

Home of Jim Gannon and Joe Flacco. Among others, I'm sure.

Better to rest him this week and get him healthy for Duke

Yes, Tulane's one strength is it's defense upfront. That will be a legit test for an o-line, that has not passed many (any) tests over the last few years. Tulane's pass D was poor last year. Would think Seringue will have a big game.

Sure but they're no Syracuse Front Seven (c)(r)(tm)

Back