• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

..speaking of drive-by’s ..’three nuns walked into a bar, the 3rd one ducked’

‘But seriously folks’

Flowers is a wondrous athlete. I see this with Clawson. I give it to Coach but it is actually a staff wide phenomenon. This group has demonstrated the ability to see kids as they are beginning to peak or are showing that potential to become elite athletes.

I see it in Waydale Jones, Mike Allen, and Beal among the youngest of many examples (including our injured friend, Arkeem Byrd)

Irmo, SC is where Colburn is from. Dutch Fork HS. It's basically Columbia

Obviously you take a QB in every class but you are almost screwed if you really hit on two in a row. If a guy doesn’t see a clear route to start by r-So year they are usually gone.

I really really hope we can hang on to this guy. Just from watching his hudl highlight, this guy has it.

Obviously you take a QB in every class but you are almost screwed if you really hit on two in a row. If a guy doesn’t see a clear route to start by r-So year they are usually gone.

I wouldn't consider that being almost screwed.

I made the drive to see Brendon Clark compete today. Really enjoyed getting to see him throw. You don’t get to see as many reps at these events as you might think. There are a lot of QBs to accommodate. But I still got to see Brendon enough to make the drive worthwhile. He is bigger than I expected weight-wise. I knew he was 6’1 / 6’2 (measured 6’2 today) but didn’t realize he was 213. Looked to me like he is already familiar with the weight room. Personally, I don’t think he is maxed out physically though. I see potential for a strong, durable QB. Combine results were VERY good today (laser-timed 4.7 40 would equate to a 4.6 if hand-timed). Strong arm came in handy on a windy day. Good, quick release. Nothing struck me as odd about his delivery. Looked very clean (although I’m no expert). Lots of well thrown, accurate balls while I was there. Very even-keeled demeanor when talking to his receivers after each rep. I’ve heard he is most definitely a high-character kid.

I am as high on Sam Hartman as anyone (I think Hartman is going to be REALLY good), but like many of you I’m also a believer that you can’t have too many QBs. You just never know what is going to happen. With the Elite 11 validation, I’m now of the view that Clark is a critical guy for Wake. I am excited to see how he develops.

I made the drive to see Brendon Clark compete today. Really enjoyed getting to see him throw. You don’t get to see as many reps at these events as you might think. There are a lot of QBs to accommodate. But I still got to see Brendon enough to make the drive worthwhile. He is bigger than I expected weight-wise. I knew he was 6’1 / 6’2 (measured 6’2 today) but didn’t realize he was 213. Looked to me like he is already familiar with the weight room. Personally, I don’t think he is maxed out physically though. I see potential for a strong, durable QB. Combine results were VERY good today (laser-timed 4.7 40 would equate to a 4.6 if hand-timed). Strong arm came in handy on a windy day. Good, quick release. Nothing struck me as odd about his delivery. Looked very clean (although I’m no expert). Lots of well thrown, accurate balls while I was there. Very even-keeled demeanor when talking to his receivers after each rep. I’ve heard he is most definitely a high-character kid.

I am as high on Sam Hartman as anyone (I think Hartman is going to be REALLY good), but like many of you I’m also a believer that you can’t have too many QBs. You just never know what is going to happen. With the Elite 11 validation, I’m now of the view that Clark is a critical guy for Wake. I am excited to see how he develops.

Great report 94. Thanks for the update.
Our tide is rising.

Back