• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Should be interesting. Typically we would have a playing time edge but we have a nice QB pipeline.

Should be interesting. Typically we would have a playing time edge but we have a nice QB pipeline.

Well, Clemson's 2018 recruiting class included 5 Star and #1 QB and overall recruit Trevor Lawrence; so, even with the current pipeline, WF has a clearer path to PT than Clemson.

Yeah. I’d say neither has a clear path so we don’t have that advantage. That’s a good problem.

https://twitter.com/sam_hartman10/status/994363625275035648?s=21

https://twitter.com/nolan_groulx/status/994363252711796736?s=21

4cfbcf104ead1359de9b62b5556b47f9.jpg

I’m on Tapatalk so if someone wants to link those better for website users that’d be appreciated

For further context, I remember reading either here or somewhere else that the staff was still recruiting Groulx hard - despite his commitment to Wisco. This could be nothing truly related to us, but the optimist in me is deciding to think otherwise.

Hartman seems to think it’s important.

Would be a nice add to this class. Very solid offer list. What position is he projected to play? Says he’s an athlete

Given the connection, it’s safe to assume Hartman has been working on him. I would gladly take any player Wisconsin wants in football or hoops.

Loved how he announces he's decommitting and ends the tweet with #GoBadgers.

Last edited:
It’s more like #GoodLuckinLifeButIDontWanttoBewithYou

So could 2019 be our best recruiting class(on paper) ever?

Maybe if we have a big class. But on paper this class is similar to prior classes. It’s currently rated high (#36) because we have 7 commits. If you look at the Rivals rankings, only a few schools below us have 5 or more.

The promise is that these guys seem like high upside guys who will keep drawing interest from big time programs. That could boost their ratings.

For the record, Groulx is rated higher than all our recruits on 247, but is average compared to our recruits on Rivals.

Were they (Groulx & Hartman) high school teammates or maybe close knowledge competitors?

Were they (Groulx & Hartman) high school teammates or maybe close knowledge competitors?

IIRC, they played together at Davidson Day but once the football team was disbanded Groulx went to Hough and Hartman followed Grier (their coach) down to Oceanside.

Thanks, IIRC Wolford lobbied to get Ware? a WR to Wake, and did. Maybe that effort works again here. I'd bet Hartman has some pull with the coaches.

Back