• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

How many WRs will we take in this class?

94, any thoughts on this?

One thing interesting about Groulx's Hudl is that he was lined up in the backfield quite a bit, sometimes in 3 WR sets. I was hoping to see Dortch in that role this year with Hines in the slot since we don't a stud TE who has to play.

If I remember correctly, Dortch didn’t have great 40 times at these things either. We see how that turned out.

That is my recollection as well. It was that, combined with his height, that limited his offer sheet despite a highlight reel that made him look like a Heisman candidate. It's worked out great for Wake.

One thing interesting about Groulx's Hudl is that he was lined up in the backfield quite a bit, sometimes in 3 WR sets. I was hoping to see Dortch in that role this year with Hines in the slot since we don't a stud TE who has to play.

I haven't been following it close enough to even feel comfortable making an educated guess.

Well with Hines in Oregon we won't be seing that.

I'm sure we will see some interesting plays with Beal lined up in the backfield, Dortch in the slot, and Scotty Washington outside with Hinton at QB. Lots of running and receiving threats at the same time. Beal can motion out to receiver ... I'm pretty sure he has hands, and depending on the read could be a nice read option with Hinton in the backfield, all while the DBs have to respect Dortch and Washington.

Looks like our strategy is to get guys with strong FCS and non-P5 interest before they blow up. R g

It's not a bad strategy I guess given that we can't seem to break through into the P5 mainstream.

Well yeah, but you have to figure out who your competition is too. We're trying to get to these guys before our peers in the ACC get to them. We're not really competing with Clemson and Georgia for recruits because most of the guys we go after would be one of the last guys in their recruiting classes if they ever get a truly committable offer. If you consider mainstream P5 recruiting to be the guys you see on ESPN then we're never going to break through.

Not trying to presume what you meant though.

I know we like going after guys with lots of P5 offers but that means somebody else beat us to the punch.

I think the main change in recruiting is that we are offering guys who are likely to commit sooner rather than sit on our offer until the get several others.

Good to see the Delbarton to Wake pipeline is still strong. Which frat has the monopoly on Green Wavers these days?

Welcome Will. Looks like he has the frame to play anywhere on the DL by 2021. Dekin, don't call him "Not So"

Wake 2019 RB commit Kendrell Flowers added an offer from Tennessee today.

Back