• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Not that thin considering we moved Byrd to DB. Colburn, Carney, Beal, and remember Bell. We'll need two for 2019 though. Obviously holding on to Flowers is key.

Bell tore his ACL (again).

So Colburn, Carney, Beal and McKinney. Would love to hang onto Flowers for 2019 but that will be tough.

Hate that for Bell.
He's hung in there and I was hoping he'd get some decent playing time this year.
2 ACL injuries is likely career ending.

Hate that for Bell.
He's hung in there and I was hoping he'd get some decent playing time this year.
2 ACL injuries is likely career ending.

2nd that. i like his running style and hate that he has had to deal with these injuries. Hope he hangs in there.

Wow. That’s tough news. I’m sure he worked hard to come back.

Isn't the Bell ACL news about 2 to 3 months old? Thought it happened in one of the first practices of spring ball.

He got pulled over for speeding. Not much of a story there.

He got pulled over for speeding. Not much of a story there.

"The charges against Hinton, a redshirt junior, include misdemeanor unsealed wine/liquor container in the passenger area and misdemeanor possession of wine/liquor/malted beverage by a person under the age of 21. Hinton, who is from Durham, didn’t turn 21 until February. He was issued citations for speeding and driving with an expired registration card/tag."

Did you bother to read the article?

"The charges against Hinton, a redshirt junior, include misdemeanor unsealed wine/liquor container in the passenger area and misdemeanor possession of wine/liquor/malted beverage by a person under the age of 21. Hinton, who is from Durham, didn’t turn 21 until February. He was issued citations for speeding and driving with an expired registration card/tag."

Did you bother to read the article?

Hinton needs to be more careful. Sounds like an average weekend back-in-the-day but no-one ever got arrested for it. Have to be smarter than this today to play college sports. Leadership and judgement are the issues here for a guy you hope would be ready to lead your team.

Hinton needs to be more careful. Sounds like an average weekend back-in-the-day but no-one ever got arrested for it. Have to be smarter than this today to play college sports. Leadership and judgement are the issues here for a guy you hope would be ready to lead your team.

52/35 after midnight is meh, expired tag is meh, having a brew at 20 is really meh, but doing all 3 on NYEve is stupid not bad luck. Accept responsibility and appreciate the opportunity you earned. This was not the specific reason for the suspension but I would lay $20 it was the foundation for a very short Spring leash for Hinton that Clawson laid out.

Great pick up! Hopefully if we start getting higher level recruits, we won't lose guys like Clark and Flowers.

ETA: Great article Les. I didn't realize he played with Hartman for a couple years at Davidson Day.

Last edited:
Great news ! Since it had been a while since he opened his recruitment to many, I was losing hope he would pick us in the end.

Whoa, a legitimate pre-commitment 4 star. Now that's not under the radar. (Of course, will he be downgraded later for his choice? Has happened before.) Other recruits need to take notice, getting a couple of big time studs on your list is what other big time studs look for. You've got to start the ball rolling.

We need guys who are willing to forge their own path and not fall into the bright lights of football factories.

Back