• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I just trust DC I don't trust JS. Need to see if the D at Minnesota has improved and how much since he left

Need to see more of Malik Grate and Nassir Green, and bit less of Ja'sir.

For 5:30 game against BC tomorrow anticipate additional unofficial visits by commits and potentials. Given all the attention to the serious weather our region is facing the crowd in the stands will be a very committed one as well. Hope they sound that way on 3rd downs.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that seeing a bunch of really good young CBs on the field for Wake is NOT the reason Mahoney decommitted. If so, he probably needs to wear glasses.

Was I the only one wondering why our defenders aren’t getting their head around? Feel like we should’ve turned a couple of those chunk plays into INTs.

I’m ready to let loose the young DBs. Glenn played his ass off tonight. Wade was decent. Everyone else was awful. We signed 4 highly touted DBs last year. Alston, Dicks, Woulard and Greer. Let’s see what they got, certainly can’t be burned worse than we were tonight

Clawson said it might be time to start getting other guys in the mix in the secondary, even if it means burning redshirts

Clawson said it might be time to start getting other guys in the mix in the secondary, even if it means burning redshirts

Except with the new rules, he wouldn't be burning their redshirts until they play in their 5th game.

Which is why it’s strange some of those guys didn’t play in the second half last week.

I just trust DC I don't trust JS. Need to see if the D at Minnesota has improved and how much since he left

Sawvel was the DC at Minnesota in 2016 (he was the DB coach there from 2011 to 2015). The D at MN was ranked 32 in 2015, 20 in 2016, and 29 in 2017.

Sawvel was the DC at Minnesota in 2016 (he was the DB coach there from 2011 to 2015). The D at MN was ranked 32 in 2015, 20 in 2016, and 29 in 2017.

Sawvel came in with a pretty good reputation. It obviously hasn't carried over to Wake. It seems that the parts of the defense are competent in direct correlation with the level of coaching experience of the position coach.

D-Line coach - former D coordinator and assistant, P5. Assistant at MAC school.
Linebackers - 11 years P5 school.
Cornerbacks coach - FCS schools, Harvard
Safeties coach - FCS and D3 schools.

Sawvel came in with a pretty good reputation. It obviously hasn't carried over to Wake. It seems that the parts of the defense are competent in direct correlation with the level of coaching experience of the position coach.

D-Line coach - former D coordinator and assistant, P5. Assistant at MAC school.
Linebackers - 11 years P5 school.
Cornerbacks coach - FCS schools, Harvard
Safeties coach - FCS and D3 schools.

Safeties Coach - Hemphill - was Clawson’s hire. Old family fiend.

Claw will right the ship. Speaking of ships, I figure we have 4 spots left. We need RB and DT depth. We need some TEs too.

Which is why it’s strange some of those guys didn’t play in the second half last week.

Well, he may have been more focused on trying to coach up the current group. "Other guys" may not have the reps yet, but we might give them now?

Claw will right the ship. Speaking of ships, I figure we have 4 spots left. We need RB and DT depth. We need some TEs too.

RB could end up being a big priority if Beal ends up transferring. Dude deserves touches and he’s not getting them. Hope he stays, since he’ll be a huge piece of our offense next season but wouldn’t be surprised to see that happen.

RB could end up being a big priority if Beal ends up transferring. Dude deserves touches and he’s not getting them. Hope he stays, since he’ll be a huge piece of our offense next season but wouldn’t be surprised to see that happen.

Don't see why he would transfer. Colburn will graduate and all the snaps will be split between him and Cade next year.

That’s my thought process as well, but I’m not 19 years old or in the situation. He adds a dynamic neither of the other two backs bring. Only reason I can think he wouldn’t be getting PT is if he’s not there in terms of blocking, but I have no info on that.

Back