• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

50 throws a game will give them all plenty of opportunities to catch the ball. Having a really good receiver on the other side is going to lessen the coverage. Can't double everybody.

Dortch won’t be here next year, no need to worry about snaps for Groulx.

Seems to make a lot of sense. Wish him well.

Greene was in Charlotte for the game this weekend, apparently as a "guest" of Tennessee. Hopefully he enjoyed watching the pounding they received, and it means nothing.

Yet the highest rated player Clawson has recruited will be competing at Dortch’s spot next year.

Nolan can slide in for all 3 positions. As with Hines..I wanted to see both on the field at the same time..even more so with Groulx. He’ll likely take Bachman’s role. I feel confident as regards 2019,Nolan is watching Bachman.

It’s a two way street and a blessing for sure..but Greg will like having Groulx on the field at the same time and certainly vice versa. There will be many combinations —

No disrespect to any other lineup— just one potential set up in 2019 :

Sage Surratt 6’3-220 Soph RS
Greg Dortch 5’9 -170 JR RS
Nolan Groulx 6’1-195 Fr tr

Greene will play next year. There will be lots of great WR combinations

A.T. Perry, J Roberson,Waydale Jones will all have a say — a keep a watch on Miami’s Steve Claude over these next 2 years

Greene will play next year. There will be lots of great WR combinations

Don't think that is a given. He will have a ton to learn and need to get a lot stronger. Just depends on how quick he catches on. His route running and nuiance of the position will be very raw and he will need to get much more physical. I'd think Groulx would be you guys first first option as a true freshman getting pt.

I know. He has made that abundantly clear lol. But being a Surry Co native that has intel from the guys that have coached for/against him i'll take what little first hand football intel I have haha.

Don't think that is a given. He will have a ton to learn and need to get a lot stronger. Just depends on how quick he catches on. His route running and nuiance of the position will be very raw and he will need to get much more physical. I'd think Groulx would be you guys first first option as a true freshman getting pt.

It will help that he plans on enrolling in January. But yes, he will have a lot to learn.

Any word on football recruits visiting this weekend, either official or unofficially? Wake's home opener. At least local kids could attend.

I don't know how anyone could blame him, he'd rather be home in Rock Hill over Christmas/New Years instead of playing in bowl games.

I don't know. I know I don't like hearing that we've been outworked for a recruit in some way. And here it didn't even seem like he needed that much. Vandy coach just kept tweeting him occasionally it seems. If we wanted him, and want to retain all our commits, I think we have to keep recruiting them individually all the way through signing day. We should have a protocol for contact, and maybe a centralized message creator to give individual recruiters content and ideas.

Maybe Jaylen had other issues going on and this was just an excuse. Who knows? Clawson seemed to suggest on his radio show that Mahoney may have seen a bunch of freshmen DBs playing in the Tulane game and saw PT issues. To me it all depends on whether we really want a recruit or not.

Back