• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Gotcha. Changing the subject, the hudle video of Taylor Morin is pretty impressive. I don’t get why he wasn’t more highly ranked/recruited. Having Groulx and Morin at slot receiver over the next few years will be great for the Deacs. Redshirt soph slot J. Roberson has some talent as well, and Hinton plans to play slot in 2019.

I could see Groulx and Morin playing for the Patriots one day.

TJDK

Per ESPN:

Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Grade: C | National rank: 54

The Demon Deacons added some talented offensive weapons in the 2019 cycle, headlined by in-state four-star WRs Donavon Greene and Nolan Groulx. That is music to the ears of Sunshine State three-star QB Michael Kern, who can make all the throws and just needs time to add strength. Shoring up the secondary was key as well, and safeties Jeremiah Gray and Trey Rucker could hear their names called early next season. Three-star DE Justin Williams has the most upside in the class and is joined on the defensive line by three-star DEs Shamar McCollum, Isaiah Chaney and Will Smart. Three-star K Ivan Mora is one of the nation's very best.

eta: 54th ranks #10 in the ACC

TJDK

Per ESPN:

We'll see how we end up finishing next season. Bet it's a lot higher than 10th.

However, interesting comments here (positive ones) about Kern at QB and Rucker at CB - and was only rated a 2* by one of the sites. Also, surprised to see they mention Justin Williams as having the most upside in the class.

eta: 54th ranks #10 in the ACC

Anybody thrown out drug free Edelman comps yet?

It's not where they are, it's where their going. Buried in our list of 21 signees is a sleeper star and a handful of contributors. Nolan and Donovan will do fine, but I'm looking forward to those who will surprise us. Those who will work their way up the depth chart. I'll bet on CJ and the pass rushers. I'm praying for the TEs to excel.

Our coaches really like multi-sport athletes such as Jesse Bates. This year, Greene, Ford and Ranson are versatile run-jump athletes who are really good basketball players. All three have a ton of upside.

Our coaches really like multi-sport athletes such as Jesse Bates. This year, Greene, Ford and Ranson are versatile run-jump athletes who are really good basketball players. All three have a ton of upside.

I tend to think they like good players.

Guess it depends on how you define good. Greene could play college basketball at the D2 level and Ford was all-state in Virginia as a junior. Agree on Ranson. In any event, the football team will be able to field a pretty good intramural team next year.

He visited VT on what looks like a recruiting visit. Great size.

That is a sign things are going well for FB recruiting. Beating ACC rivals for guys who are paying their own way means they see something at Wake and particularly Wake football that makes it worth the extra cost.

Clawson is making Wake a preferred destination! Great news.

That is a sign things are going well for FB recruiting. Beating ACC rivals for guys who are paying their own way means they see something at Wake and particularly Wake football that makes it worth the extra cost.

Clawson is making Wake a preferred destination! Great news.

I highly doubt he had an offer from VT. No way he turns down a football scholarship to Virginia Tech to walk on at wake, right?

I highly doubt he had an offer from VT. No way he turns down a football scholarship to Virginia Tech to walk on at wake, right?

According to reports, VaTech had him in for a visit. That us significant interest. Probably at least preferred walk-on. He chose Wake over whatever VaTech offered.

I would guess that the large majority of players given a visit would be at least preferred walk-on level, if not higher. So congrats to Clawson and staff for winning that battle.

And welcome Leo Kelly.

WF is significantly more expensive than VT (about $20K for an out-of state student). So, assuming both schools offered him a preferred walk-on spot, Clawson had to get over the money hump as well. His highlight tape looked good, but while I realize it's HS, some of the receivers could not have been more wide open.

Pretty impressive looking kid for a PWO. Needs to work on mechanics some and not throw across his body as much, but good size and arm strength, with decent mobility.

Back