• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

UNC just received a commitment from William and Mary grad transfer Justin Pierce (he picked UNC over Michigan and Notre Dame). Last week, Charleston Southern's Christian Keeling committed (he picked UNC over Clemson). Both could start and will get substantial PT next year.

WF is reportedly among the schools that William and Mary transfer Chase Audige is considering. Their best player, Nathan Knight, declared for the NBA draft, but has not hired an agent. If he does not go to the NBA and decides to transfer, he will be highly coveted as well.

This is the football thread.

The 2008 and 2009 recruiting classes were full of Nease, Bolles and FL kids in general, and all our boy Jimmy Newman needed to do was knock in that 32 yard field goal...maybe we win at Clemson (2011) as that puts us up 31-21 with 10:25 to play....and maybe...off to the ACCCG again.

Unlike 2006 (GT), I did not like our chances in the ACCCG versus VT.

Things were meant to be, as all that led us to Clawson, who is on the verge of something really special here.

Gotta find someplace to congratulate all the guys on the team for top 10% APR. Future players (recruits) at Wake now have a high bar to live up to.

Luke Petitbon, current 2020 OL commit won the OL MVP at the DC opening regional today per the opening twitter. Appears to be quite skilled. We got a nice one here.

Luke Petitbon, current 2020 OL commit won the OL MVP at the DC opening regional today per the opening twitter. Appears to be quite skilled. We got a nice one here.

Didn't Taleni Suhren do the same thing?

OL commits so far are solid. Now we need some DLine. Would love for Jahsheen Davis to commit after his visit this past weekend. Davis and Shamar McCollum could be a nice disruptive pair of ends. Boogie is set to blow up this year if he stays healthy and we may need some more depth at DE.

Lets hope he doesn't get so much notoriety that top10 schools start sniffing around.

Not a very impressive offer list, so far at least

If the offers from Army and Air Force are valid, I am impressed. The academies recruit smart, tough, hard working players...the kind of players that Clawson develops into All-ACC candidates.

Very positive spin, thanks for stopping by....

Getting mvp of an event usually means good things. Obviously not always, but no reason to be negative about it.

Simply asking a question, as I was curious.

If the offers from Army and Air Force are valid, I am impressed. The academies recruit smart, tough, hard working players...the kind of players that Clawson develops into All-ACC candidates.
Film says he likes laying the wood on offensive players. Really sticks himself in there.

Film says he likes laying the wood on offensive players. Really sticks himself in there.

By the time he hits the field at Wake he'll be 6' 0" 185, faster and still hitting very hard.
I likey.

This has to be a product of the NW algorithm. Tall (6 foot), close to Wake, and must be a pretty good student. It seemed that Grobe would offer every 4* east of San Antonio. Clawson's offer list is a lot smaller, with a greater chance of success on the field and in the classroom, once the arrive at Wake.

This has to be a product of the NW algorithm. Tall (6 foot), close to Wake, and must be a pretty good student. It seemed that Grobe would offer every 4* east of San Antonio. Clawson's offer list is a lot smaller, with a greater chance of success on the field and in the classroom, once the arrive at Wake.

I agree.
At the same time, I don't think I even knew what the word 'algorithm' meant when I was at Wake.

Roberts committed.

“Roberts had a great performance at the Ohio version of The Opening, and was listed as one of the top performers.
“It really felt really good,” Roberts said. “Everybody was saying I couldn’t cover just because I was from West Virginia. But I was there with some of the top talent and really showed out. It felt really good.”

“Roberts has a 3.6 GPA and values the academic side of Wake Forest as well.
“I study hard and work hard in the classroom. It’s really important to me,” he said. “That’s one of the reasons I picked Wake. My mother is a teacher so she strives for me to be the best in the classroom.”
His mother made two trips to Wake Forest with him.
“She fell in love with it the first time up,” Roberts said.”

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...rginia-db-j-j-roberts-commits-to-wake-forest/

Back