• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Another good one in ash. Good size, very quick, and can still grow into the frame. Ton of p5 offers including LSU, Indiana, Georgia tech, Illinois, Kansas State, Miami, Maryland, and Iowa state. Another player who is probably ranked lower than his offer list would indicate, but another great win for Clawson. Huge to win another recruiting battle.

In all seriousness the 2020 class right now, and the ones right before, are creating something to be very optimistic about the future of Wake Forest Football. If you weren't already.

Welcome James! So excited reading that coach and staff are healing. Thing to read and I agree with the comment that would be nice if we can get some more storage to get into that field but I am very satisfied with the people that we’re getting I believe they are our first choice is in a lot of positions. Reading the occasional post the questions and recruiting it on the basis of stars or a number of people that we’ve got commitments from early moving us up to rankings I am reminded of times when people would complain that we were beating out Elon or Appy state or Wofford. Now we’re getting kids to been offered by Penn State and LSU and other legitimate SEC and ACC schools and still it’s not good enough for cell. The proof is on the field and in the bowl games. Go Deacs!

Clawson went to a better academic school than you did. With this many in the fold, he's already on next year. Be like Clawson. Be smart.

Live view of Clawson and staff recruiting 2020 targets:

dvhh0o.gif

In regards to the not so highly ranked players committed, remember this time last year CJ Elmonus was a bit of a head scratcher. Then blew up late and was sought after by many top programs like Miami. Clawson and co are some of the best at identifying talent early.

One of the figures the much-lamented Deac94 used to track was number of P5 offers. Here are our numbers from the last Signing Day thread he compiled:

2016 class: Twelve (57%) of the commits had 2 or more other P5 offers. Just over one-third of the commits had 4 or more other P5 offers.
2017 class: Seven (37%) of the commits had 2 or more other P5 offers. Just over one-quarter of the commits had 4 or more other P5 offers.

This year's count, going by 247's numbers, appears to be:

Davis- 11
Ash- 9
Sell- 8
Marshall- 6
Petitbon- 5
Griffis- 4
Wayman- 3
Puryear- 2
Frogge- 2
Roberts- 1
Vaughan- 0
Cooley- 0
Whitter- 0 (even though he's our second-highest-rated commit)

Nine out of 13 have two or more other P5 offers (69.2%), while six out of 13 have four or more other P5 offers (46.2%). Given that it's June, those numbers could still go up, assuming we can hold on to everyone.

Welcome James! So excited reading that coach and staff are healing. Thing to read and I agree with the comment that would be nice if we can get some more storage to get into that field but I am very satisfied with the people that we’re getting I believe they are our first choice is in a lot of positions. Reading the occasional post the questions and recruiting it on the basis of stars or a number of people that we’ve got commitments from early moving us up to rankings I am reminded of times when people would complain that we were beating out Elon or Appy state or Wofford. Now we’re getting kids to been offered by Penn State and LSU and other legitimate SEC and ACC schools and still it’s not good enough for cell. The proof is on the field and in the bowl games. Go Deacs!

Happy hour lunch special? This is tough to read.

Right now Rivals has our 2020 class at #19 and 247 has it at #20. You watch the tape of these guys and it could be even higher, but I won't complain about top-20 recruiting classes.

MikeDeac will probably blame it on autocorrect but we know better...

Just fantastic to see this kind of early success. The staff is getting the kids they want and they are kids that others want too. Lets just hang on to them. They could all blow up over the fall. Just love the comments and how eager these kids are to play at Wake. So different than what is happening in basketball. Did anyone else notice that a kid said that Clawson was very particular who he met with and offered. No shotgun approach here!

Yes, verbal texting while driving is rough. happy with what they are doing... more four stars would be great... first or second choice and not good enough for some. Corrected some stuff at the end but the start got away. Sorry folks I Tried to edit but nothing came up so this is what I tried.

Yes, verbal texting while driving is rough. happy with what they are doing... more four stars would be great... first or second choice and not good enough for some. Corrected some stuff at the end but the start got away. Sorry folks I Tried to edit but nothing came up so this is what I tried.
I comprehended every keystroke so no worries.

Is this perhaps the DT commit with some miscommunication of being committed to WVU, or is that still another possibility?

Back